AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this link FCC link from another post but it doesn't say if a home owners association can stop someone from putting up two dishes. Someone I know is having to fight their homeowners association about having two dishes. The dishes are already installed and not visable from the street but they are saying they will fine them if they don't take the second one down. I've looked at the FCC documents, but can't find anywhere it literally says anything about having "two dishes".

With HDTV, international and Sky Angel on DISH 61.5 Echo III, I would think this would come up more.

Thanks for helping.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I'm certainly not an expert but I interpret it the same way you do. There is no "limit" to the number of dishes you can have.

It looks like the FCC used some common sense in creating this document. Try to comply with the HOA rules first but if you can't receive the channels you want with adequate quality, break the rules but stay within these limits. I haven't read the document in a while but there are instructions on fighting unreasonable HOAs. I would have an attorney give his opinion in writing about this.

-Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.