AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and didnt really find a solid answer on this. What is the REAL difference between:

Consumer Plasma = Class B electromagnetic emissions

Commercial Plasma= Class A electromagnetic emissions

I know that the commercial has less stringent emission requirements, but what does this mean in real life.

Has anyone ever had any electromagnetic interferences from the commercial plasma vs using a cosumer plasma? Or is the diff between the two sooo small that the difference can't be noticed?

Will it interfere with a wireless router, cell phones, cordless phones or anything else?

Here is the source that I got it from in another thread.

BruZZi's Comercial vs Consumer

·
Registered
80 Posts
GTBuzz,

The bottom line is that when you do FCC testing, they use a template to make sure all emissions are below the maximum allowable. The difference between commercial and consumer is basically that the commercial or industrial template allows higher emissions. If memory serves me it is something like 10 dB more. But it depends on what frequency you are talking about. Also, they stop at something like 100 MHz so anything above that like a router or a phone is not even a consideration for type acceptance. Also note that the display will not pass the emission standards it was certified for unless you usae all the ferrite cores supplied.

Joe

·
Banned
18,829 Posts
The difference is really what you and Joe say: the amount of radiation. Class B is much more challenging standard for the equipment maker to meet than Class A. So in theory, a class A equipment may interfere with other sets in the house that use an antenna to receive their signal. If all of your A/V equipment uses a non-antenna feed, then there should be little worry in this respect. This also assumes that you don't put those sets right next to class A equipment as you may get some "coupling" that way too.

In general, there is little problem reported on using typical class A TVs in home application.

Amir

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.