AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is the text of the FCC Public Notice denying DTV Construction Permit extensions to 50 stations and giving them until December 1 to complete construction. There is also a list of the stations involved in this action.

PUBLIC NOTICE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

445 12th STREET, S. W.

WASHINGTON, D. C. 20554

News media information 202/ 418- 0500

Fax- On- Demand 202/ 418- 2830

Internet: http:// www. fcc. gov ftp. fcc. gov

Released: June 7, 2002 DA 02- 1334
DENIAL OF APPLICATIONS FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO CONSTRUCT A DIGITAL TELEVISION STATION

By this Public Notice, the Media Bureau announces that, by letters dated June 3, 2002, the applications seeking extensions of time to construct DTV facilities (FCC Form 337) that are set forth in the Appendix to this Public Notice were denied.

In the Fifth Report and Order in its DTV proceeding, the Commission announced its willingness to grant, on a case- by- case basis, an extension of the applicable DTV construction deadline where a broadcaster has been unable to complete construction due to circumstances that are either unforeseeable or beyond the permittee’s control, provided the broadcaster has taken all reasonable steps to resolve the problem expeditiously. Advanced Television Systems and Their Impact Upon the Existing Television Broadcast Service, 12 FCC Rcd 12809 (1997). Based upon the applications submitted, the Media Bureau found that each permittee had not taken all reasonable steps to complete construction of its DTV facilities in an expeditious manner.

Accordingly, an extension of the DTV construction permit was not justified and the FCC Form 337 application was denied, with the permittee admonished for its failure to comply with its DTV construction obligations. Each permittee was afforded until December 1, 2002, to come into compliance with the DTV construction rule, 47 CFR § 73.624( d), and was directed to submit, within thirty days, an initial report outlining the steps it intended to take to complete construction. A subsequent progress report also is required to be filed.

Copies of the June 3 rd letter rulings are available via the Internet from the Media Bureau’s Web Site at: HTTP:// WWW. FCC. GOV/ MB/ VIDEO and accessing “Digital Television Status.â€

By: Chief, Media Bureau

-FCC-

KAAH-DT, Honolulu, HI, Trinity Broadcasting Network

KBSI-DT, Cape Girardeay, MO, KBSI Licensee, L.P.

KDOR-DT, Bartelesville, OK, Trinity Broadcasting Network

KDTX-DT, Dallas, TX, Trinity Broadcasting Network

KFXK-DT, Longview, TX, Warwick Communications Inc.

KGBT-DT, Harlingen, TC, LibCo, Inc.

KLSB-DT, Nacogdoches, TX, KLSB Acquisition Corp.

KNAT-DT, Albuquerque, NM, Trinity Broadcasting Network

KNMT-DT, Portland, OR, Trinity Broadcasting Network

KOCB-DT, Oklahoma City, OK, KOCB Licensee, L.P.

KOKH-DT, Oklahoma City, OK, KOKH Licensee, L.P.

KPAZ-DT, Pheonix, AZ, Trinity Broadcasting Network

KPLC-DT, Lake Charles, LA, LibCo, Inc.

KQCA-DT, Stockton, CA, KCRA Hearst-Argyle Television, Inc.

KSHV-DT, Shreveport, LA, White Kinght Broadcasting of Shreveport License Corp.

KTAJ-DT, St. Joseph, MO, Trinity Broadcasting Network

KTBO-DT, Oklahoma City, OK, Trinity Broadcasting Network

KXMC-DT, Minot, ND, Reiten Television, Inc.

WALB-DT, Albany, GA, LibCo, Inc.

WBUY-DT, Holly Springs, MS, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WCLJ-DT, Bloomington, IN, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WDKA-DT, Paducha, KY, WDKA Acquitition Corp.

WDLI-DT, Canton, OH, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WHFT-DT, Miami, FL, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WHSG-DT, Monroe, GA, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WIS-DT, Columbia, SC, LibCo, Inc.

WKOI-DT, Richmond, IN, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WLOX-DT, Biloxi, MS, LibCo, Inc.

WMCF-DT, Montgomery, AL, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WMPV-DT, Mobile, AL, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WPGD-DT, Hendersonville, TN, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WTBY-DT, Poughkeepsie, NY, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WTJP-DT, Gadsen, AL, Trinity Broadcasting Network

WVLA-DT, Baton Rouge, LA, Knight Communications, Inc.

WWAY-DT, Wilmington, NC, LibCo, Inc.

WWTO-DT, La Salle, IL, Trinity Broadcasting Network

KUBD-DT, Ketchikan, AK, Polarcomm Corporation

WDHN-DT, Dothan, AL, Morris Network of Alabama, Inc.

WDKY-DT, Danville, KY, WDKY Licensee, LP

WEMT-DT, Greenville, TN, WEMT Licensee, LP

WMGT-DT, Macon, GA, Morris Network, Inc.

WMMP-DT, Charleston, SC, WMMP Licensee, LP

WTTK-DT, Kokomo, IN, SCI Indiana Licensee, LLC

WTTV-DT, Bloomington, IN, SCI-Indiana Licensee, LLC

WXXV-DT, Gulfport, MS, Morris Network of Mississippi, Inc.

WYZZ-DT, Bloomington, IL, WYZZ Licensee, Inc.

KEYE-DT, Austin, TX, KTVT Broadcasting Company, L.P.

WAOE-DT, Peoria, IL, Four Seasons Peoria, LLC

WOLE-DT, Aguadilla, PR, Western Broadcasting Corporation of Puerto Rico, Inc.

WRAY-DT, Wilson, NC, SAH Acquisition Corporation II

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Wow,

Looks like Trinity Broadcasting Network has some splainin to do. I hope the the FCC stick to their guns on this one. I wonder what the penalty is on 12/1/02. Does the station lose it's permit to broadcast?

-phil

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Just remember all these stations have to do is install low power stations after applying for Special Temporary Authorization (STA) and they are "out of the dog house" so to speak. It will be interesting to see how many do that and whether the FCC is in a mood to grant an STA to them.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think the TBN is finding out the FCC isn't quite as forgiving ... :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ha! I see one of my stations on there (WMGT). Looks like we will finally be getting SOMETHING on the air here! It's ironic that if they do indeed get on the air by the end of the year, this "delinquent" station will be the first in the market!

Bob

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I was just coming here to comment....

WMGT is my old station, ex-WCWB. I heard that their new studio is all digital (smart move on their part), so it seems to me that even a low-power digital transmitter would be about all they need to get on-line. Wonder what the problem is?

Bob, are you getting any Atlanta digital stations? How about any of the GPTV stations? Are any on yet?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ken, sorry for the late response to your questions. I forgot about this thread. The answers are no and no. I can't get Atlanta analog stations, so I think digital is out of the question. My local GPTV (WDCO Cochran) hasn't said anything yet, and the Athens station (WAY out of my range) just had their channel change approved (their first attempt, a fight with WMAZ over ch. 4, was rejected). WMAZ is on the air now, though, so my above theory about WMGT being first was wrong.

I heard the same thing about WMGT being all digital (probably from you, ages ago :)).

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.