AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to build an HTPC and want good quality dvds. Therefore I will probably use fddshow. Will 2.8 GHZ be enough for this including the resize feature. This will be used on a sammy DLP.

·
Registered
277 Posts
2.8ghz p4 should be enough but it depends on what resolution you are going to resize to. I have been playing around with resize and ffdshow in general for the past few days ago and found the "Experimental" option resize to work best, quality and speed wise, best of both worlds.

Also you should try using gradual denoise (after resize but some like it before) in the Blur and NR section. It somehow reduces cpu usage and can cut down on noise.

Start up task manager, setup zp and ffdshow etc and whatever resize you would like most and if its below 100% then you are smiling.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,

As we are on the Ffdshow topic, I would like to pose a question relating to using resize to double the resolution of my ripped dvd movies.

I ripped my dvds using DVD decryptor in ifo mode into a folder. By playing movie in Zoom player, using open-directory mode, I am only able to display the movie in normal pal or NTSC resolution, ie no resize. However, if I open the file and click directly on the vob files, the movie display in 2 times the original resolution. How do you guys configure ffdshow or zoom player to display the resolution correctly?

Your advice will be very much appreciated by me.

·
Registered
647 Posts
For each movie you can set a defination file, I do this for my collection that I'm ripping to Divx. Do your setup then press ctrl-D and it will save a defination file. You can then open the defination file if you want to check what is saved in it. There is a area within ZP that allows you to customize what settings are saved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.