AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be setting up theater system and want a way to test the audio and set up the video

·
Registered
30,760 Posts
Well, testing for what? Are you going to use the results to modify or treat the room? Are you going to EQ it electronically? There are 3 obvious starting points for audio (ETF, TrueRTA and RoomEQWizard) but which you choose will depend on what uses you have.

Kal

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I can I would like to use it to modify room treatments, but I am still learning about that myself. I do want to use it for speaker placement (sub) and setting up the EQ. I have been selling theater systems for over 2 years and I would like to be able to give my customers a better theater system set up then I can do with just a test disc. I would like something that would be EZ to use and small'ish to have in my car. I don't want to put the $ in video as much as I want to put it in audio at this time, I think I can set up a the video by eye where it looks "good." The video can come later after I get the audio set up down.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
To elaborate on what Kal said, I would start with a PC or laptop, a sound card, ETF software ($150), and a RadioShack SPL meter which doubles as a powered microphone. Add connectors, a stand to mount the mike (SPL meter has a standard camera mount socket so you can use a camera tripod).

Then factor in considerable time to learn how to use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.