AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every sports channel has the box in the upper left hand corner displaying game info... should i be worried about this box "burning in" permanently to the picture? i have a Mits 46807 HDTV.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
last try

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
If your RPTV, direct view, or plasma display is adjusted with high contrast and brightness levels (like the out-of-the-box factory settings),

and you were to leave a channel on for a long time that had any static graphics,

yes, you could be induce burn-in.

There are no specific settings to use or time limit that one could give you to prevent this problem. Common wisdom is to use a test disk like AVIA, or Video Essentials to adjust your set. Among other things, this will result in reducing the brightness & contrast settings. Then, simply turn the set off when not in use.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
869 Posts
Quote:
Posted by ADebar:
every sports channel has the box in the upper left hand corner displaying game info... should i be worried about this box "burning in" permanently to the picture? i have a Mits 46807 HDTV.
Tell me how you got the animated image 1st....

Okay, I'll tell you first. You are at risk if your set is running at the original out of the box settings from Mitsubishi. They will have RPTVs running anywhere from 22-30 footlamberts of peak white output, and with any static image you run this risk. If your set was ISF calibrated by an ISF tech, then you will have a more reasonable light output setting (Dropping the contrast below blooming), and you are at MINIMAL risk, but still some, depending on your viewing habits, and the set itself (everyone is slightly different).

If you have the Avia or Video Essentials DVD, bring up a dot pattern, and use your contrast control to run from minimum to maximum. You should see the white dot grow as you increase the contrast level. Keep the growing dot as small as possible, but with accpetable light output. This is a quick start to getting your set right. After this you will need to adjust the black level (brightness control), and then color. If this is confusing to you, check out: www.imagingscience.com for an ISF tech near you, or drop me a note!

Hi-Def Jeff

------------------

Color Analyzer - Will Travel

--You deserve Image Perfection--

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you think the color of the box is very bright, and your worried it might burn the screen. Here's what you do.

Adjust color down and set color temp to low on your remote.

I have the Mits Plat Plus ws 55857. And this makes the picture even clearer and softer to the eyes.

------------------

PeterDz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.