AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this would be more possible with an upgraded AVR (current Onkyo 503), or more possible with some sort of streaming function through XBox 360, Wii, etc.

I have 7.1 Polk surrounds in the living room and 2.1 THX Klipsch in the den. Both rooms are close in proximity, yet I would figure the more speakers I can feed the same audio source, the louder/more spread throughout the house it would be. I would also consider possibly hooking up more speakers in the future, i.e. in kitchen, bedrooms, etc.

Is what I'm trying to do fairly simple or would it entale spending thousands on upgrades? A point in the riht direction would be awesome. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I feed my MacBookPro and my hi-fi at the same time using the optical out of the Airport

Express and letting I-Tunes handle my library.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So basically it depends on what sound card I have with my PC and just a matter of plugging that output through my AVR then?

So then a single optical cable would connect from sound card to AVR for the HiFi, but then what about the sound from PC to PC speakers at the same time? Does the optical cable from PC to AVR handle multiple speaker setups with a single connection?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is above method the only possible way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just following up to see if my posting was overlooked or if there is no solution to what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Over a month without any replies except a MacBookPro one? I've never had this poor of a turnout on a question at this website before. I guess no one knows how to accomplish what I am looking into doing or I need to re-post in a more relevant portion of the forums...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts