AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems that cable providers as well as quite a few other networking companies are fully embracing Moca tech and there's been some substantial price reductions not that the tech has been out for a while. It appears we have a more than capable alternative to wifi and powerline for HD streaming. I would like to hear from some Moca users and their experiences in particular news of any interference with cable TV transmission while Moca is in use.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow......no Moca users?

Well i bought the bullet and ordered a netgear set ($109 free ship) and ANOTHER ATV2 for the farthest reaching bedroom which is a bit too far to ask for stutter free HD video via wireless. For the cost of cat cable/wall plates and one hellufa a time pulling wire through my attic, drilling through sillplates and down through fiberglass insulated interior walls, hopin it's money well spent. Will report back as soon as it's up and running.

For accurate review/testing, how should i test the performance on the other end other than subjective opinion on vid quality and refresh rates. I have an HP laptop i could plug in to the receiver but not sure what i'd be testing/looking for.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I bought an actiontec MOCA adapter and a splitter and installed it on my upstairs bedroom about three days ago and so far so good. I have not watched much on my media player but what I have watched has been flawless.

Here is the adapter: http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CD4Q8wIwAg#

I have a splitter on my coax with one end going to MOCA and other going to box. All I had to do was plug the network cable from MOCA to media player and bang it was up and going. It found my server in the basement which runs through a switch and FIOS router is connected to same switch. I have watched about 3 hour of movies and have ZERO skipping. MKV BD of avatar is great.

One thing I had done in the past was when the FIOS guys came out and installed FIOS cable upstairs I asked them to verify that I had a good strong connection. They tested and said it was very strong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.