AVS Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skl007
The BIC F12 sub looks really good, and quite the bargain at $190. I think that it will be better than the PSW110 that I was planning to get.

As for the Jamo system, do any of you know of any good reviews? The only decent one I could find was the one from techradar.
You mean other than the 60 positive reviews on Vanns website and just as many recommendations in the Jamo Owners thread?

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...12176/#Reviews

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt
You mean other than the 60 positive reviews on Vanns website and just as many recommendations in the Jamo Owners thread?

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...12176/#Reviews
I saw those, but like most user reviews, the vast majority of purchasers don't really know what they are doing. I was hoping that there were some professional reviews where the writer knew when a system was good instead of a system that shakes things off of their desks.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Well, I have a seen a couple reviews of the Fluance speakers which suggest the center channel on that system is weak. For music, that would be no big deal...but for HT, pretty big deal! However, my guess is that the Fluance system is better than most satellite speaker systems! Dont forget, however, you have to add 60-80 buck to the cost for shipping....

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skl007 /forum/post/20937039

I saw those, but like most user reviews, the vast majority of purchasers don't really know what they are doing. I was hoping that there were some professional reviews where the writer knew when a system was good instead of a system that shakes things off of their desks.

Of course, you also go the recommendation from an AVS member who has part of that system (afrogt) and also has over 14,400 posts on AVS. That's a pretty strong recommendation

21 - 25 of 25 Posts