AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this site! Everyone is very talented and has a whole lot of great ideas. I am just starting to begin work on my basement (between trips and all) and have some layouts that I was pondering and wanted to get additional eyes to look it over and give me some feedback.

My wife and I really like layout B but I started thinking about placement of speakers, woofer etc. and will this work? I have it calculated out that the first row of seats will be about 12' from the screen (110" screen) followed by the second row around 16'. The post is my biggest obstacle, but I think I have come up with a solution.

At this stage its still only on paper (several pieces), I have to move some plumbing first. I wanted to make sure that I was on the right track with what my thoughts were. and would appreciate it very much if someone could look at my ideas and supply me with any feedback. Thanks in advance for taking time to review my layouts.

-Jeff

·
Registered
46 Posts
IMO...I think you should stick with the first layout. Primary reason why not to use the layout 2 is that there is open space all around and acoustically it would be a nightmare to solve. If you are starting from scratch than a dedicated room is the way to go. Atleast you would have a nicely treated room and would have lot more control over the ambient light and other theater variables..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts