·
Registered
1,177 Posts
EXTREMELY RUDE AND INAPPROPRIATE COMMENT REMOVED

[This message has been edited by Mark Fontana (edited 10-10-2001).]

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I hope that Larry and Sue Wilk don't see us criticizing their home theater, but with the money that they clearly put into this one...how could they?.

·
Registered
728 Posts
"how could they?"

A chacon son gout, as the French say, freely translated as

"To each, his own taste." (I seriously doubt that "his" is the applicable possessive here.)

I hope that they don't see this either. But if they do, I hope that they realize that many of us put up with a fair amount of ribbing here, usually good natured.

After all, I haven't posted pix or URLs to _my_ home theatre, which prominently features Cardboard as a bass note, with added frissons of early dorm room, recent garage sale acquisitions, and somewhere, I'm pretty sure, a dead mouse.

(Money put aside for a complete renovation has, unfortunately, gone to relatives badly effected by the dotcom shakepout. Maybe next year...)

apg

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it makes them happy..... who are we to say what works.

------------------

Projector Man

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I looked at the other ones on this site too.

Oooh, wee!! Just wish I had those kinda bucks to spend on my HT!

The pink is not my taste but you have to give them credit for a nicely integrated setup in a multi-purpose room.

Dan

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I just found a dead mouse in my cupboard (under a sink) yesterday morning. Trying to survive on the multitudes of screen paint that was there turned out to be a useless endeavor, I suspect. He'd obviously been there for a while.

I found mine. Where's yours?

------------------

goosystems

Ken Hotte

[email protected]

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
That's what happens when you say "Honey, if I can just put this stuff in there you can do what you like with the room" http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif !!! Hmmm back to the womb !!!

As to the mouse issue I prefer to keep mine alive... Seriously, my last house (log cabin in a woodland area) had a resident field mouse that was cute as hell.. He became really brave and once he realized I was not out to harm him he would put in appearances regularly... I was nervous that it would start a plague of them (as house mice can so I am told) but in the years I lived there I am 99% sure I only ever had the one... The idea of poison or a fatal trap was out of the question after feeding the little critter, the house was big enough for two bachelors then (I imagine my lady would freak with the suggestion now)...

------------------

[email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Re: Phreddy's House,

If you substitute possums for mice, that would be a very good approximation for what's going on _under_ my house.

At least they drove the skunk away...

As for the dead mouse in my living room, I sort of lost sight of it after I got the trackball.

apg

(Now take the HT setup that started all this nonsense, and replace everything pink with BLACK. Sort of cool, in a Goth way...)

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Those bast*rds, they killed Kenny! (Followed by lots of rodents chomping on the poor South Parker.)

------------------

Ken Elliott

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 10-12-2001).]

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, after looking at this again I convinced I would like to see more of this house. Inside and out.

I don't think the pink is limited to just the HT room. What I can't understand is if you're willing to paint the hearth stone pink...why not the piano?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.