AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the forum a few weeks ago and there was a link for a place to buy feet to put on the bottom of you HTPC that matches other AV equipment. Now I can't find the link. Can anyone help me.

Thanks

· Banned
3,403 Posts
 www.radioshack.com or page 230 in 2002 book clear or black colorded the kind I have to keep air circulation under my components. colors clear or black package of 8 from $1.49 clear to 1.99 3/4 inch black sorry no lolly pop colors. On same page they have 5 different colors of tape for $2.49, if you want to customize your computer feet to have a color match. :)

· Registered
57 Posts
If all else fails, you can always go to your local electronics repair shop and see if they will sell (or give) you the feet off of a fried receiver. I guess that's what I'm going to do....

Robo

· Registered
474 Posts
check out www.audioadvisor.com 's "Isolation Components" section. They may have something that will work for you. Good luck!

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Man, there's some snake oil up there at audioadvisor.com.

"Improve the sound of CD players, CD transports, laser disc players, digital converters, preamps, power amps, tuners, and more with new AudioQuest Big Feet now made of advanced energy absorbing Sorbo Gel. "

They're polyurethane feet. 4 for $69. What a joke. Do they sell green markers too?

· Registered
474 Posts
Yes, I believe they do sell green markers as well.

· Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone found any good places to buy nice a/v like feets? If so, please post a link or PM me, thanks! =)

· Registered
2,861 Posts
Do what I did...cut them off an old stereo receiver. Srcounge the garage sales, pawn shops, flea markets, etc. Find an old receiver for cheap...even broken...and take the feet off that. A lot of them screw in so you may have to drill a hole or two in teh bottom of the HTPC chassis but it will look great.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Hob,

How about a direct link to the RatShack item. I've just spent 30 minutes trying to find it online...

Thanks dude...

· Registered
1,525 Posts
I too am looking for some feet to use with my new Component Style HTPC Case . I have been considering the vibrapods http://www.vibrapod.com or these Sorbothane IsoPods http://www.value-audio.com/access.htm

The trim kits sgriffin mentioned might work with the Isopods, but the vibrapods are larger than 2" dia.

It is important to isolate the case. Cheap feet on most A/V gear does not really isolate well.

I may just machine some custom covers for the vibrapods.

· Registered
19 Posts
Any other suggestions? And does anyone have that Radio Shack part number of that feet that was mentioned? Thanks for any help! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.