Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HS20ers,

I am currently trying to get my HS20 to work with my RCA DTC-100's VGA output. I have tried the transcoder that RCA makes (VHDC300) as well as one from AudioAuthority (seems like virtually the same thing). I have tried all 3 retrace timings in my receiver, but to no avail. The closest I get is an image that is fine colorwise, but has a vertical 'stutter', best described as a really quick flicker back and forth, so if you read something, it seems like you are seeing double.

Here is my question: Any of you that have the HS20 outputting "Preset Signal 5" (you can find this in the info screen on the menu), what are your fH and fV settings? I ask because the stuttered image is slightly off from the published settings in the manual. The manual claims it should be 33.75 and 60.00 respectively. But mine is coming out 33.3 and 59.9. I'm wondering if that slight adjustment in frequency could be causing the flicker, and/or if I can manually correct it.

Thanks if you are still reading, any help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey,

I'm getting about the same thing with my HS20 and DTC100. I'm seeing the vertical stutter that you are seeing with HD material, but when I switch to a non-HD channel, everything looks fine. I it does seem like the timing are slightly off but I don't know how to adjust any of these settings.

I know that you said that you were using a transcoder, but I am using the HS30 VGA cable from the DTC100 into the HS20 and am getting almost the same results...

Sorry I can't help you out, but I thought I'd just add some fuel to the fire, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

Anyone out there getting this combo to work?

Thanks,

Jacket

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.