AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 Link

Not like this was totally unexpected, but they were probably better off saying last week that they would give out Fermi info @ Pax East next month rather than saying they would have a "surprise announcement" tomorrow. Utter nonsense and disappointment. Their PR dept are either geniuses or total morons.

Either way the card info won't be announced until Pax East next month and then a limited number will be available for pre-order. So I imagine the product itself won't be available for at least 2 1/2 - 3mos from now. If I didn't have a 295 (which can play everything no problem) I would care.

Being as I live in the Boston suburbs I'm tempted to go to PAX that day (I was planning on going on one of the three days anyways) just to see what's up, but I'm not sure whether or not I want to spend the $35 for ticket...

If anyone else wants to go to PAX, please post.

·
Registered
19,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 /forum/post/18186767

The whole announcement thing was a total joke.

As an aside, I had no idea "ChrisRay" died.

Yeah, he did, from pneumonia. There's a nice memorial thread to him on AnandTech Forums here .

And nevermind, Nvidia just changed their whole statement saying that the Fermi will indeed have a hard launch on March 26th . I bet they did this because of all the bad press they were getting today because of their "non-announcement" this morning. Stupid, stupid, PR dept.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts