Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did that thread go?

If it's removed for the new thread, can someone please Repost so I can at least Reference it (Print it out)?

I DON'T Agree with the New thread, sorry!

The old one was actually Better, IMO!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I think it was deleted. Sucks.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDphile22 /forum/post/0

Where did that thread go?

If it's removed for the new thread, can someone please Repost so I can at least Reference it (Print it out)?

I DON'T Agree with the New thread, sorry!

The old one was actually Better, IMO!

yeah it was better, the new one is very messy chaotic looking. I dont like all the 3.9, 4.4 stuff. The old list was almost perfect. this one has alot of movies in wierd spots.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree. Up til now I was quiet about the ordeal.

I think Fettastic got the raw end of the deal here. I have about 25 titles right now, all of which I purchased according to his list ('cept ult. matrix - blind buy). I was not let down even once, and for the titles I own I was in 100% agreement.

At the very least, I would like to take this moment to thank Fettastic for his previous work. I honestly don't have the same confidence in this new thread, and I feel like I've lost my most valuable asset for my HD DVD purchasing decisions. I certainly don't blame Fettastic for that loss.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like its still in google cache, all I searched for was "hd dvd tier thread" w/out the quotes in google

first link that showed up was fett's thread

Hope this helps a few of you out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Seriously, it was deleted? A whole years work (yeah, it wasn't just a years worth of meaningless blabber, it was a lot of actual work) deleted, just like that? Quite the punch in the groin for very, very many of us. Can I - to the person responsible - please ask why? Why did you deem the new thread more "worthy" than an established thread? Cos I don't see why a day old thread suddenly gets to be the exclusive HD DVD-quality thread. I at least hope that you had the decency to tell Fett (I think you should have warned all of us) about this beforehand, to let him take a backup.

Sorry about the rambling, I'm just a bit irritated by someone being able to delete something that meant so much to so many, just because he personally preffered something else.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I found it cached in google and copied the contents to a word document. I can e-mail this to whoever needs it and especially Fett who might not have had the chance to save it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm of the same sentiment. I don't understand why the original tier system had to be deleted. Hard feelings or not it ended up being a tool that many of us used. I think it would have been courteous to have asked the public if they had wanted it deleted. Sad.

-xrispy

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The list was getting too wishy-washy. Somehow he gets a new TV and the whole tier system gets uprooted. Just goes to show he didn't have the proper equipment in the first place. Then him being a diva didn't help. I for one am glad to see it go.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's kinda funny there was so much hate against it (coming from a VERY vocal minority) and it gets removed, now that it's gone people miss it. The thing is that even if you didn't agree with some of the choices it was at least 99.9% accurate and it's only real down fall was the fact that it didn't account for peoples format bias.

I know how he should have *fixed* it for all you HD dvd and Blu Ray fanboys

HD DVD- Tier 0 (4D effect, ALL THE TIME)

All titles ever released

Tier 9999999999999 (I don't think there was a video)

All Blu Ray titles ever released

Blu Ray- Tier Ultra Super Platinum

All titles ever released

Tier Poo

All HD Dvd titles ever released

Perfect tier system now it can satisfy both camps

·
Registered
544 Posts
I do not know why it was deleted, and will refuse to smear any particular poster. But, there are only two likely reasons:
  1. Fett deleted or requested to have deleted
  2. The content of the posts in thread deserved to be deleted

If it was deleted due to content, then good riddance.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
the tier thread was total BS and yes I think Fett crapped it trashing mods or etc., just a rumor I heard

his view on HD releases was enough to make my manhood itch

-Gary

·
Registered
2,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell /forum/post/0

the tier thread was total BS and yes I think Fett crapped it trashing mods or etc., just a rumor I heard

Yes he did indeed delete the OP and replace it with some nonsense accusing Mark R (mod) of bias ect ect.
Quote:
his view on HD releases was enough to make my manhood itch

-Gary

Was ? It still is in the BR section where you can continue to scratch that itch( i'm sure your not the only one)

·
Registered
24,724 Posts
From Alan in BD forum, could sum up the HDDVD thread...

"This thread is closed.

The Tier thread is not the problem its who is running it. There have been several complaints from forums members who were put on ignore from Fett or anyone who disagrees with him and how those people are treated. Thats not what this forum is about. I PMed Fett early today to get his side of the story. Ive yet to get a response.

I do not want to comment on the matter until I hear from him.

Until then this thread is now closed."

Alan Gouger
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
So... Fett's tier thread in the Blu-Ray forum merely got unstickied, but the one in the HD-DVD forum was deleted outright?

That's crap.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyharmonies /forum/post/0

So... Fett's tier thread in the Blu-Ray forum merely got unstickied, but the one in the HD-DVD forum was deleted outright?

That's crap.

The thread in the HD forum was changed to a critical rant on the mods. That wasn't done to the BR thread...hence the difference in outcome

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.