AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've searched a bit but can't really seem to find an answer. I have an older harmony 880 now and I'm considering upgrading. I'd like to go RF as I'm moving all of my components into a cabinet in a different room. Now on a few of my components, like my Denon 3310 I just ordered, there is a remote in/out that looks like a standard 3.4mm jack opening. If I get the 1100 and RF Wireless extender can I just run into that from the extender? Or do I need to use IR emitters? It would make it a lot cleaner/easier to use the cable direct into the back if possible. Also, is this possible with the 900? Or do I have to use those mini blasters?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Yes, you can just run a direct connection to the 3.5mm input from either the 1100's RF extender or the 900's IR Blaster (same thing basically but different names). The 1100's RF extender is the same as used on the 890 and 1000. The 900's IR Blaster is new and currently only works with the 900.

The 1100 style RF extender has four 3.5mm IR ports. The 900 style IR Blaster only has two 2.5mm ports. You can use splitters and 2.5mm to 3.5mm converters as needed. Also, your AVR probably has a 3.5mm IR output as well which you can use to transmit IR as well.

Example: Port your DVR's IR codes through the same IR port as the AVR. Run a direct connection from the RF extender/blaster into the IR input of the AVR. Then run an IR emitter/mini blaster from the IR output of the AVR to the DVR. Now the DVR's IR codes are ported through the AVR to the DVR and you've saved a connection on your RF extender/IR blaster.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That was very informative +1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts