AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The room is not completely done yet. When I get the time Im going to paint the walls a darker color so they don't reflect so much light. I still need to hide the wires. I also still need furniture.

The projector is a Mitsubishi HC1500. It is a DLP 720P projector and is being projected onto a 100" diagonal 16:9 screen. Screen shots are from The 5th Element (obviously) on blu-ray and are being played on a PS3.

So far I am VERY impressed.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Grats on your new PJ!

Looking good.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Congrats on the PJ...nothing beats FP setups. BTW, not sure if its the color balance on the pictures but you may want to make sure you are using 6500 color temp..then again, its yours eyes the ones you need to please. :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havnt really messed with the picture settings all that much with the exception of the brightness. I was pretty happy with the way it looks. I may see if I can dial it in a bit over the forth. How do you achieve a 6500 color temp?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Few more. Couldn't get these to turn out quite as good though. But all of these are just downloads from the playstation network. So they aren't as sharp as blu-ray to begin with.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Your black level looks good - what size

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Bob,

Those pictures look great! Do you have your pj ceiling mounted? If so, what mount did you use? Just wondering, as I am looking to mount my HC1500.

Pete

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the screen from a guy on ebay. His screen name is shoppingdeals. He can custom make any size you need. He was very good to work with. He answered all my questions. Plus his price are quite good IMO. He is using one of my pics as a picture in his ads. Here is the item number to one of his screens currently for sale. 230270445516

I am using a monoprice mount. Though I can not recommend it. Its a piece of crap. It very difficult to get it adjusted properly and will not stay in one place.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc /forum/post/14196289

Your black level looks good - what size

the camera makes the black levels look better than they actually are. Don't expect miracles in that department.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All the pictures above are displayed using a PS3 through HDMI.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminatorbob /forum/post/14314169

I bought the screen from a guy on ebay. His screen name is shoppingdeals. He can custom make any size you need. He was very good to work with. He answered all my questions. Plus his price are quite good IMO. He is using one of my pics as a picture in his ads. Here is the item number to one of his screens currently for sale. 230270445516

I am using a monoprice mount. Though I can not recommend it. Its a piece of crap. It very difficult to get it adjusted properly and will not stay in one place.

I have the same mount, it is a pain to ajust and make it stay no matter how tight the screws are. Once it is set, you really cant beat $16 or expect much from it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank6585 /forum/post/14363784

I have the same mount, it is a pain to ajust and make it stay no matter how tight the screws are. Once it is set, you really cant beat $16 or expect much from it.

Yeah I guess for $16 it not bad if your on a budget. But perhaps you have had more luck with yours then I have. I currently have it bungied at different places just to try and make it project where it needs to. I hate it.

That reminds me, I just got Gears of War back from a friend today that I let borrow it. I have yet to play it on my new projector, time to lock and load!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminatorbob /forum/post/14363829

That reminds me, I just got Gears of War back from a friend today that I let borrow it. I have yet to play it on my new projector, time to lock and load!

Beware GOW is very dark, had to up my brightness and contrast to play it.

In fact setting 2 is my GOW setting. Only game I need it for so far

·
Registered
498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminatorbob /forum/post/14314169

What about the quality of the screen? I just purchased an HC1500, have no interest in DIY and want to keep my cost on a first screen down. This guy seems to fit all the criteria, shipping is even cheap.

I'd love to hear any/everything you have to say about the screen.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminatorbob /forum/post/14363829

Yeah I guess for $16 it not bad if your on a budget. But perhaps you have had more luck with yours then I have. I currently have it bungied at different places just to try and make it project where it needs to. I hate it.

bob,

how high are ur ceilings? and how high is your screen off the ground? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts