AVS Forum banner

Few questions about my Z5 and set up...

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  wthrman2 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I would like to thank everyone who uses these forum, they are great tools for helping everyone get the best out of their home entertainment devices. I was wondering if anyone could help me answer a few of these questions for me.

1. Is 9'3" too close for projecting on a 16:9 format screen who diagonal measurement is 84"? I heard that projecting from too close degrades the picture quality while others says that all it will do is make the image brighter. I don't have to use this distance but its where my Z1 used to sit and would like to use pre-existing cables etc. It falls within the specs of the Z5 which is between 8'6" to 17' for an 84" screen.

2. Does the image of the Z5 equally good on a standard DVD player and through a high def satellite box using component vs HDMI. I'd prefer to use component since my amplifier cannot accept HDMI and my projector a bit too far to run an HDMI cable. Besides, my component cables are already buried in the wall and everything is clean and would prefer to keep it like that. However, if you guys think it has made a BIG difference to go HDMI vs component, then I'd consider it.

3. I have heard some of you have manually adjusted the fan speed to reduce the noise when the pj is mounted upside down (hanging from the ceiling). Is there any chance this could lead to the unit running warmer and more prone to damage the LCD panel? I'd hate to do anything that might jeapordize my warranty.

Thanks in advance for any input....

See less See more
#3 ·
The only ? That I can answer is #2 as far as HDMI and Comp. - I have used both and to

me they are both great. As far as SD - I'm using a PS3 (HDMI) and the picture is ok,

I really only watch HD and The Z5 is super sharp with HD.

#5 ·
Polly and Alex...thank you both for your reply, much appreciated. I am glad to see that even with the zoom and bit toward the max side that it shouldn't degrade the quality picture. I have yet to try HD on my satellite box, just way to busy to enjoy my projector....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.