AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hope you can help me out. I currently have DirecTV and 3 recievers in my house. I just got a new HDTV and am thinking Dish is the way to go for future support in this area but am dreading the hassle and money switching will cost me. I have a few questoins.. here goes.


1. Can i see my old DirecTV Equipment? I have heard you cannot becuaes of the access cards.

2. I have heard you can use the same dish and just repoint it? Is this true?

3. How many dishes do i need for HDTV with Dish Network? I have heard 3.. is this true?

4. Can i use the same cabling i have already run for Directv.. i would assume yes but just want to make sure.

5. I have a switcher so i can use 3 recievers with one dish. Can i use the same switcher with Dish or do i have to get a new one. Also how does switching work if you have 2 or 3 dishes up?


Thanks! Hope you can help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Savageone79:
1. Can i see my old DirecTV Equipment? I have heard you cannot becuaes of the access cards.
No, it will instantly become invisible. ;-) (Real answer: I dunno.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Savageone79:
2. I have heard you can use the same dish and just repoint it? Is this true?
Yes, this is true. I'd get a Dish 500 and then use your old dish to point to the HDTV satellite (61.5 or 148)

Quote:
Originally posted by Savageone79:
3. How many dishes do i need for HDTV with Dish Network? I have heard 3.. is this true?!
Just 2 dishes (some people may do 3 if they don't use a Dish 500 that catches 2 satellites at 110 and 119).

Quote:
Originally posted by Savageone79:
4. Can i use the same cabling i have already run for Directv.. i would assume yes but just want to make sure.!
Yes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Savageone79:
5. I have a switcher so i can use 3 recievers with one dish. Can i use the same switcher with Dish or do i have to get a new one. Also how does switching work if you have 2 or 3 dishes up?
I'm stumped . . . hopefully someone else knows.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
Yes you can sell your reciver


------------------

Trevor
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top