AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few subs in mind and want a few opinions please!

ESW-V10 -- $299

DaytonSUB-120 HT -- $155

Klipsch SUB-12 -- $300 (discount if buying take 5.0 , normally $499)

Elemental Designs A2-300 -- $350

Elemental Designs A2-250 -- $325

I love listening to music and watching movies, so I need a sub for both!

Most likely I'll be getting the take 5 classics to go with these also.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
407 Posts
How big of a room is it? Do aesthetics matter?

And how tight is your budget (really)?

Because the SUB-120 should not be compared to either of the two eD subs.

In addition, the Cadence CSX-12 ($299 MSRP shipped) and CSX-15 ($399 MSRP shippped) are also similarly priced items. Both can be had for less with online coupons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to spend around $300

As you can tell by some of my choices I'm willing to go alittle above it.

It's going in a 12x12 room for now, but I do intend on having my own living room instead of sharing it with others, soon.

Almost bit on the esw-v10 cause of how cheap it was earlier, anymore comments welcome please.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If it stays in the 12x12 room you should be ok with any of those. If moving to a larger room, i would either save money for a nice 15", or 2 quality 12's. I would sit down and finalize where i want my sub to rest. You don't want to be happy for a few week's, then move it into a bigger room and say " WTF "...that's how you end up spending too much money. Also, for around $600, you could DIY a real sweet sub that would last.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw the Polk DSW microPro on Newegg's site for $379.99, and could not pass up that kind of deal. As a side note, I also grabbed the Polk Monitor 40's, 30's, and CS1 center which were all going for half price. Total bill was $729.96 with FREE SHIPPING!. I checked today and the sub was back to regular price. ($899.99) It do pay to hunt around!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts