Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cliff ,

When you talk to MIT about fixing the > 99 file bug, can you also explain to them that FF and RW don't really work?

Something tells me that they tested FF and RW only with that big default file size and the FF/RW bug are related to using custom file sizes.

Here's what I discovered:

I set the custom file size size to 180 MB figuring that would cover a 2 hour window and not run into the > 99 limit bug.

I was watching my recording tonight of the CBS HD lineup with MYHD.

When I go to FF with the remote through commercials, it only skips forward a few seconds each time you press the FF button.

RW does NOTHING.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the lack of responses, I am wondering if I am the only one having this problem?

Or is there some setup that I have overlooked ?

Joe

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Joe Q,

Sorry I must have missed this post yesterday.

The FF/REW time depends on the actual file size. The bigger the file the more skip time used and REW will stop at the beginning of the currently playing file. A user selectable FF/REW time is high on my list for changes to the software. What do you think of 15, 30, 60 sec and 5 minute settings?

â€You're not the only one -- I'm having the same problem. Hopefully others chime in, or perhaps this would get more attention in the "MyHD: New Feature Requests and Bug Reports List" thread:â€

Actually Joe handled this correctly by asking in a separate post to confirm that a bug actually exists before posting in the Bug and Feature thread. That thread has become worthless to MIT because it turned into a tech support thread instead of posting only confirmed bugs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for setting me straight, Cliff ;)

A 3 minute setting might be more helpful than a 5 minute, as this is a common commercial break length. Or, MIT could do something similar to ReplayTV, in which you can press a # and skip, and it skips that # of minutes ahead. Very useful.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cliff,

Thanks for the explanation.

Since I only need the small file size for movies (I still don't yet trust the D-VHS so I want to be able to have manageble file sizes for streaming restores from my DAT drive), perhaps the thing to do is use a BIG file size just for the disposable OTA HD Sitcoms/Series. That would allow FF through commercials.

You asked my opinion about how long RW/FF should be?

A very simple 60 second Forward or Reverse upon each touch of the button is all that is needed.

I ask for simple requests so MIT can actually accomplish it:)

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.