What, you mean the external version of TomsMoComp in DScaler? Last I tried none. The internal version works, but not well if I remember correctly.
|I'm afraid I have not been following either DScaler or this board recently but I notice there are still a few posts about dropped frames and heavy CPU usage when using my TomsMoComp deinterlace method.|
I found out about a month ago that support for 3DNOW and SSE in TomsMoComp has been disabled since early December or so. I just checked today and while the fix is in CVS there are still no binaries available.
Not having SSE support can make a 2-3 DFS difference in the number of dropped frames. Also, you can save a few more by making sure the "Strange Bob" option is turned off in the TomsMoComp parms. And of course you can always lower the "Search Effort" parm. Values above 5 don't help much anyway but getting it at least to the 3-5 level does help. Values up to even 9-11 can give marginal improvements on the faster machines.
For anyone that wants to experiment I posted an older but faster version of TomsMoComp at www.trbarry.com/TomsMoComp_Faster_DLL.zip . Just unzip it into your DScaler folder and restart DScaler.
My apologies if this has been discussed here before. A quick search didn't find it.