AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. iv searched and read all the faq's i could find. i have ffdshow installed and when i play mpegs or avi's i see the osd that i turned on in ffdshow that shows the framerates & stuff.

my question is why when i play a dvd in any player (wmp9, nvdvd, windvd...) the osd dosent show up so im assuming ffdshow isnt working on my dvd's is that correct??

thanks for any help

JB

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Directshow is the S/W framework used by MOST DVD S/W players. It consists of a framework for connecting S/W objects, like MPEG decoders and processors in a specific order. The end result is a "path" of processing that takes raw data off of the DVD or hard disk and puts out a movie.

ffdshow is a Directshow filter. In DS speak, the connected S/W objects is called a "filter graph".

For your DVD S/W to include ffdshow processing you need to build a filter graph that includes ffdshow. Some of the players (TT and ZP Pro) build this graph for you automagically. Others require you to build it yourself.

Also worth noting is that all players, or perhaps more correctly player front ends, don't support custom filter graphs and by extension ffdshow.

Does that make sense?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.