AVS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Normal enclosures? Any xmax will work in any cabinet size given enough power if sealed and heavy enough (I use rubber feet on neoprene mats otherwise) that it doesn't walk around the room when doing so! lol
No really. Thats why I made my comment earlier. Finding a happy medium with motor strength and suspension is an art. Well I feel it is anyways. 38mm Xmax is great but if you need an 8cuft enclosure and still need 6000watts to get there on a conservative 1000rms motor its just another thing to worry about. I dont push anything this hard but when needing high power amps to power subs all the time just makes a much higher expense. There is always the clone but would be nicer to have something that maybe just needed double rms in a relatively small enclosure and utilities 75/80 of its Xmax.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
kind of surprised we havent seen any more builds with these.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I'm still waiting to see the HT4. Hoping to see a BL of 25+.
For motor strength, you should be comparing BL^2 / Re. That is the true strength and won't have any dependence on different variations of impedance

The BTL3 18 has a beast of a motor , fs is a little higher but thats not a brick wall. BL^2 / Re of 200 is considered strong, this one is almost 400

·
Registered
339 Posts
For motor strength, you should be comparing BL^2 / Re. That is the true strength and won't have any dependence on different variations of impedance

The BTL3 18 has a beast of a motor , fs is a little higher but thats not a brick wall. BL^2 / Re of 200 is considered strong, this one is almost 400
Yes you are correct. I was assuming a Re similar to the HT3, and hoping for a higher BL value from the HT4.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
SSD (non-NEO) 197
BTL3 220
Err-meh-GUH (Omega) 398
Team 4 - 228
Team (2? 3?) - 297

They use N/A's for the NEO's and I don't know how to convert those.

·
Registered
369 Posts
kind of surprised we havent seen any more builds with these.
I waited months and when the release kept getting delayed, I pulled the trigger on a UM-18 when they were on sale for $250. I don't think they released them until two months after that.

Reactions: chadsmith013

·
Registered
608 Posts
They use N/A's for the NEO's and I don't know how to convert those.
They show N/A for the non NEO's too. What do you mean?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
They show N/A for the non NEO's too. What do you mean?
N/A is a different measurement that doesn't directly correlate to tesla-metres. I'm unfamiliar with the reason for this usage over the normal Tm or really what the different numbers mean.

edit: I believe this is usually listed if they have klippel data.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I think people got tired of waiting as they continued to push the date back when they were transitioning. I was one who elected not to wait any longer. I would like to see the HT4 if it comes to fruition
They could of taken advantage of the UM18 shortage situation better for sure, but this still looks to be a viable *other* solution. Not to mention Fi will also make custom orders where as PE will not.

181 - 200 of 200 Posts