AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My boss has been waiting for 5months now to get UVerse. He lives in a fairly new development(5-7years) and has new cabling throughout his subdivision. He ran into a friend of his and realized that the guy worked for ATT and he proceeded to ask him why it's taking so long to get UV to his area. The guy called him over the weekend and mentioned something about Fiddlers' cable. And the UV system is not compatible with this type of cable. This cable, from what I understand, is between the yard box and his NID. This distance is less than 20'. Also I, think the main runs are fiber.

I looked all over the net and can't seem to find anything about this. Does this cable go by some different name?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
38 views and no one says anything. So I'm taking that this cable must not exist or it is called something else.

I've looked all over the net at cable company sites and can't find anything even close to what this cable is.

All I can think of is that my boss misunderstood what the ATT guy said. After all, my boss is a bit hard of hearing or should I say has selective hearing.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaskiller73 /forum/post/18316015

38 views and no one says anything. So I'm taking that this cable must not exist or it is called something else.

I've looked all over the net at cable company sites and can't find anything even close to what this cable is.

All I can think of is that my boss misunderstood what the ATT guy said. After all, my boss is a bit hard of hearing or should I say has selective hearing.

Perhaps what your boss heard was "feeder cable," a term used to describe several different or same wires bundled together as a single cable.

·
Registered
22,829 Posts
Maybe he heard that "Fiddler on the Roof" is on cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts