AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

I needed some help on selecting between these 2 TVs:

1) Panasonic 42" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (TCL42D2) - On Sale at Future Shop these 3 days for 879.99

2) Samsung 46" 1080p LED HDTV (UN46C5000) - Regular price at Best Buy for 999.99

The story goes like this - last week I went and check out the Samsung 46" and bought it for $1352 including a 4 year warranty, the sales rep was able to discount the warranty for 60 dollar and on top of that I get best buy reward for $75 back in reward zone certificate.

Up until yesterday, I then realize Future Shop is putting the Panasonic one on sales and the sales associate was able to lower it to total of $ 1216.13 including 4 year warranty.

I then went back to Best Buy and the manager said he will lower the Samsung one for another 100 dollar and persuade me to keep the sales - which I did at the end making the Samsung TV - $1240 and on top I get a 75 certificate as before.

Q1: I wanted to know in comparing the spec of the 2 TV, will the 60hz vs 120hz be a huge difference?

I looked at the spec and the Samsung was at 300000:1, while the Panasonic one was only 200000:1; also the Panasonic one does not support USB video play back and wifi connection as the Samsung does.

For me, I mainly wanted to use this TV for gaming, so I wanted to know which one I really should be keeping.

I haven't pick up the Samsung one yet as it is not deliver to the store until tomorrow.

Q2: In reality... do I really need those warranty?

Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
I remember seeing quite a bit of pixelation/jaggies on the 60hz C5000 when I saw it in store. I would get the C6300 at least. Remember though that gaming on samsungs is pretty darn bad because of the high input lag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts