AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh. I knew this would happen, but still, it's frustrating.

I got my Ceton Infinitv yesterday and had an appointment with TWC today. The tech they sent didn't know *anything* about CableCards and basically let me do his job for him. Whatever, we got to the point where I can see most TV channels (and some sporadic HD) but I still can't receive most HD channels. So he left and now I'm in the lurch. I'm wondering if anyone here can help.

Signal strength for channels that don't work is something like -3.5. Supposedly that's good enough to receive cable TV, so I'm thinking it's the tuning adapter. We only realized after we had done the whole install in WMC that he had not connected the PC to the TA via USB. I plugged that in, Windows 7 recognized it, and installed it, but still nothing.

Any ideas? The CC is a Cisco (Scientific Atlantic) and the Tuning Adapter is also a Cisco (STA 1520). Much thanks for ANY help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How many tuning adapters did you get? You'll need two of them. Also you may need to call Time Warner and have them send some hits to the tuning adapters and the cablecard. It took a few times for me before everything was working right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.