Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi there,

I'm a total newbie to the forum and i have one question that it seems beyond google to answer.  

I'm interested to know what the file limit is for USB and network sharing as i've noticed that when connecting an external hard drive, it doesn't pick up all the files (giving the error "Some folders and files cannot be displayed since the total number of files and folder exceeds the limit") which means that I then have to plug the drive back into my PC and copy it to a flash drive to use in the player.  The same thing happened when connecting to a network drive (the network share was the same drive as above, connected to my PC and shared). My collection isn't huge, but the current share includes 60GB of music, so was thinking I could share only video content but I want to know the limit before I go to that trouble.

The set up is the Blue-ray connected to a JVC TV in the lounge, connected to a Win7 PC in my bedroom by a home network (Blu-ray is wired to the router, the PC connected with dual-band WiFi connection).  I want to stream content from the PC to loungeroom, but be able to watch in my bedroom too of course.

Also considering DLNA via my Win 7 PC  (problem is that my entire library is set up in Windows Media centre, and that doesn't seem to work with DLNA, whereas I don't like WMP so would like to avoid having to use that to get DLNA to work - but will consider it). Or I can buy a DLNA server and put the content in there for use over the network to the player so I can watch it in the lounge room, or I can view it from my PC.

Of course any alternative set up advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Dan :)

·
Super Moderator
16,428 Posts
Welcome to AVS. Please post in the thread for your player.

S~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.