AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would it be that a MPEG file will play fine in Media Player but not when played through Vista Media Center, says that their is a missing codec?

It use to work but has gave me this error since installing TMT3 or the latest Media Browser update, not sure which if either has caused the problem.

I know that way back when the files wouldn't play in Media Player or VMC so I installed AC3Filter to get the audio to work and all was fine untill now. It just seems strage that Media Player works and VMC doesn't. VMC uses Media Player doesn't it?

· Premium Member
5,402 Posts
It's happened to me many times, especially in my x64 system, that MP plays fine and MC is broken. I need then to carefully pin down the codec problem with graphstudio or graphedit, and then fix it with DirectShow Filter Manager, Radlight, etc. In a x64 system it's always a PITA process.

MC, especially 7MC with MediaBrowser is a very, very nice frontend but I find myself using most of the time the iMedianHD/iMon app that came with my Silverstone, because it's snappier and always works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.