AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello, I want to calculate my NAS needs and I don't know how.

I am planning on ripping my entire TV series collection. This collection is comprised of 100 seasons mixed between those with 42min episodes and those with 22min episodes (let's eyeball it at 20/80 % respectively) Therefore, I have around 600 DVDs containing around 2,200 TV episodes; I also have around 50 DVD movies and 20 BluRay movies. In addition, I have a digital collection of 1,200 TV episodes (Same 20/80 % as above) and around 400 movies (mainly MKVs of around 1-2 GB).

I would like to rip my collection in an excellent video/audio quality with -when available- one or two subtitle tracks (English and Spanish). Also, I'd like to be able to transfer movies/tv episodes to my iPad for traveling.

I guess my questions are:

What is a common size for a full resolution MP4 file containing a 22min episode with 2 subtitle tracks?

What is a common size for a full resolution MP4 file containing a 42min episode with 2 subtitle tracks?

What is a common size for a full resolution MP4 file containing a movie with 2 subtitle tracks?

I know the sizes are never exactly the same, but a common (average) size will suffice to calculate my NAS size needs.

Also, I would like to build a NAS that, after ripping the collection and adding what I already have in digital format, is below 75% of its capacity.

Thanks for your help!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts