AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I originally tried posting this to the CRT forum, thinking that this was something everyone in there using a HTPC for their projector would have had to deal with, but no helpful responses, maybe someone here with HTPC and possibly CRT experience will know what I'm talking about....

I have a HTPC connected to a NEC XG-1100. When I look into the tubes the "raster area" or what I am refering to as the area of the phosphor upon which the total scanned video input (including the non-image parts of the image but still within the area being output from the HTPC videocard) can be seen, is not filled edge to edge with actual video from the video card. Should I be using powerstrip to size the actual video image to fill the full raster area being output by the HTPC's video card?

Just to clarifiy... I know I'm not suppposed to fill the entire phosphor area of the tube, but with regards to the video raster being sent by the video card in the HTPC, should I maximize the video image area WITHIN the total output of the video signal? Is either way safer for the PJ, better use of the PJ's capabilities?

I know I''m not stating this very well, but any help is appreciated...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.