AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Hitachi 51SWX20B, and I am generally very happy with it.

I have already tamed the red and green significantly using service mode fixes, but light bright greens still look too intense (too much yellow in the green). This problem is well documented.

I am interested in getting green filters to solve this problem.

I see that the new F500 models are listed as having red and green filters.

Can we get these?

Does anyone have any experience with adding filters to this model?

Ideally, I would like to do this before I get the set calibrated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just my opinion, but you might not need any filters after a calibration which includes setting your gray scale appropriately.

Allen

·
Registered
594 Posts
You must not have changed the value G-STR-0 to 0 yet. This all but eliminates the electric greens everyone has complained about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How do I enter the Hitachi 51swx20b service mode? I understand I could go blind if I do it too much and such, but right now I already need glasses, so what the hey?

Anywho, I understand the dangers, so what is the magic sequence that gets me into the service mode? While we're at it, anybody got a copy of the revelent parts of the manual itself?

·
Registered
594 Posts
To get into the service mode you have to have the TV off, hold down the input/exit button on the front of the screen and then turn on the set, then release the input/exit button. You should have the text values on the screen now, hit up once on the remote control joystick and then right on the joystick. You are now in the ISF menu.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Bighitter
You must not have changed the value G-STR-0 to 0 yet. This all but eliminates the electric greens everyone has complained about.
Yes, thank you, that does help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.