1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Samsung UN46C7000 46" 1080p 3D LED LCD HDTV

3D Tv. most $ by a few hundred. 1600

LG 55LD650 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz LCD HDTV - 1300

VIZIO XVT553SV 55-Inch Class Full Array TruLED with Smart Dimming LCD HDTV 240 Hz SPS -1500

Best Buy has these 2 deals

SonyKDL-46NX800 46" Class LED-LCD HDTV and PlayStation 3 Package 1300

or

BRAVIA / 46" Class / 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV

Model:KDL-46HX800- 1700

I am looking to spend under 1600...3D isnt a must but don't really wanna spend so much on glasses. And will never buy a 3D dvd. Too $ for me.

I play xbox a lot and watch movies on the blu ray dvd player.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
Sony 65-A8H, Sony HT-ST500
189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by srd5335 /forum/post/19596308

Full Array TruLED...

Whatever TV you get, if it's LED, get full array backlight. You will not regret it. Edge-lit is too hit and miss.

As for the rest, you really need to look at each of the threads for these sets and make a decision based upon user reviews. Also, check out reviews on sites like CNET and Home Theatre Magazine, etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, I agree with that. I'm afraid the 3D tv will just end up costing me too much. I heard GREAT reviews on the Vizio 55. I'm really not a fan of LG tvs but figured i'd ask in case someone thought this tv is an exception...And teh LG doesnt include the wireless card you need. I'm really leaning towards the Vizio. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
The bigggest regret people have is not buying the largest size TV they can afford and that fits their viewing room, so forget 46 inch panels. A 55 inch panel has 43% more screen area than a 46 inch panel. That extra 43% has huge impact.

The Vizio is an excellent panel with no shortcomings worth mentioning. Fully back-lit, with local dimming.

Get the Vizio.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'll let you know what I think if the vizio when it arrives... hoping it's everything everyone said it would be and that the whole back lit thing isn't over-rated
I do have a preference for glossy screens so it will be interesting to see how the matte looks set up.

Other choices might be...

UN55C6300 if the price drops down to the magic fifteen level like it was black friday on amazon.

LN55C650 right now for under fourteen

LN55C630 if you can get it for twelve to thirteen

you will get some backlight issues with these but from my experience it's really not a big deal if you get a good panel. Edge lit stuff is really unnecessarily pricy right now considering the PQ isn't much better then the CCFL.

Get the biggest size you can, and don't worry about 3D.

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/v...r/hdtvsqft.png

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts