AVS Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I heard mini dap is being discontinued?? Maybe it’s not , it worth $100-200?
I don’t understand beq but it says you need mini dsp?? My bedroom only has one sub and bad acoustics so I can’t crank volume , I rarely use it anymore .
I see it’s for subs with no sub eq? Audysee, dirac etc

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I see it’s for subs with no sub eq? Audysee, dirac etc
That's not the case at all.

The MiniDSP is recommended for BEQ because it helps streamline the process. It allows you to load the files directly onto the MiniDSP software without having to manually input the filters. Without the MiniDSP you'd have to do it manually through the BEQDesigner app, and that takes a little time.

I would also like to point out for the OP that there is definitely a benefit to having a MiniDSP whether you have a single OR multiple subs. I use it to EQ my single sub and for use with BEQ.

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
2,377 Posts
Fv15HP. :devilish:

Reactions: d-rail34

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Unfortunately, neither companies are SVS and I don't feel like paying a restocking fee
FWIW...you're still paying shipping both ways with SVS whether you return it or not, as it's included in their pricing. Also, I'm not sure where you read about restocking fees. That's not something I ever recall hearing/reading about with any of the recommended subs on here.

That said, as already stated, the only true way to know what you prefer is to hear them in your room with your ears. It's all subjective, so YMMV.

Hope this helps,

Darrell

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, then, you are just going to have to decide on one. Flip a coin. Both are good subs.
Yup, you all are correct. I just point, I just need to pick one and enjoy it. Leaning towards Rythmik because it sounds like I am going to have a blast regardless and if anything does happen, I can hopefully drop it off instead of shipping parts back and forth.

FWIW...you're still paying shipping both ways with SVS whether you return it or not, as it's included in their pricing. Also, I'm not sure where you read about restocking fees. That's not something I ever recall hearing/reading about with any of the recommended subs on here.

That said, as already stated, the only true way to know what you prefer is to hear them in your room with your ears. It's all subjective, so YMMV.
Hope this helps,

Darrell
It definitely does and the reason why I will always recommend SVS to friends pondering if they should step into the more serious side of home theater.

The restocking fee for Rythmik is in the documentation on their website under Ordering > Warranty & Returns. Since I can drive it back, there is no return shipping. For HSU, there is only a restocking fee if I return it in anything other than "like new" condition (100% fair of them), but I would still have to cover the return shipping, which is around $300. Either way, it's money lost that could have gone into something more productive, like say my intended 85" TV upgrade! :D

Yup, I am just going to stop worrying about it and just buy a pair from one of them once they are back in stock.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Yup, you all are correct. I just point, I just need to pick one and enjoy it. Leaning towards Rythmik because it sounds like I am going to have a blast regardless and if anything does happen, I can hopefully drop it off instead of shipping parts back and forth.

It definitely does and the reason why I will always recommend SVS to friends pondering if they should step into the more serious side of home theater.

The restocking fee for Rythmik is in the documentation on their website under Ordering > Warranty & Returns. Since I can drive it back, there is no return shipping. For HSU, there is only a restocking fee if I return it in anything other than "like new" condition (100% fair of them), but I would still have to cover the return shipping, which is around $300. Either way, it's money lost that could have gone into something more productive, like say my intended 85" TV upgrade! :D

Yup, I am just going to stop worrying about it and just buy a pair from one of them once they are back in stock.
I'm 100% with you on this one! Lol

85"er in my living room setup is the way I'm leaning as well. Even though, I'd love to go with a drop down screen & PJ, but the wife says that will have to wait until I can build a dedicated space. I'll giver her this one since she's been very supportive of pretty much everything else that I'm trying to achieve...and hey! It's an 85" screen...in my living room! :D

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Lava lamps

21 - 34 of 34 Posts