AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's the love?

Sure they've gotten worse with each installment but you can't ague the opening sequence isn't always entertaining and the 3D was more fun in the last one than 90% of the crap out there. FD5 even has someone doing gymnastics in the trailer....UH OH! Jurassic Park 2 anyone?

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Despite the expectations, I hear the bridge scene in this film is an intense, visually gripping sequence. If they can capture even a fraction of the awesomeness that was the highway sequence from the second film, it'll be worth it. Also, I heard the 3D in this is used to great effect.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Peeped this Saturday @ midnight. Paid $17 a ticket for IMAX lite. Surely a ripoff but I figured at that price there wouldn't be much riff-raff. Bingo!

FD5 was a good time. The opening sequence was executed well. Great efx, 3D gags (which is all 3D is good for IMO) and kills to get it going. The rest of the movie is more of the same old formula as we're not expecting them to try and reinvent the genre here. The gymnastics scene from the trailer did not disappoint one bit and the ending......WTF!!? If you're a fan of the series this a must see in 3D.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I definetely intend to see this, hopefully one day this week. Gotta see the Ape movie too this week, should be a fun week.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I'm not interested in seeing a bunch of forgettable characters killed one after another. Is there at least one of them who survives? ...I saw the first one and that was enough.

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo
I'm not interested in seeing a bunch of forgettable characters killed one after another. Is there at least one of them who survives? ...I saw the first one and that was enough.
The second one is the best. The opening sequence is one of the better things I've seen in a movie (even a good one).

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo
skip this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84
The second one is the best. The opening sequence is one of the better things I've seen in a movie (even a good one).
That was terrifying! The bridge scene in this one is nuts and most of it looks believable. Someone told me today the director of FD5 worked under James Cameron so I guess he learned some tricks over the years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.