Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.

Is this a first for the WB?

I've seen ABC, FOX, and CBS show some movies in High Def, but never the WB.

Maybe I just haven't been looking hard enough...

Out of Comcast here in Los Angeles, WB (KTLA), looks good.

5.1 Channels lit up on my receiver.

Cool movie. :D

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
This is one of my favorite movies -- too bad I didn't check the schedule. There's hardly anything worth watching on network tv during the summer.

To answer your question, this isn't the first time for WB..They've shown movies in HD before. Off the top of my head, The Iron Giant(last thanksgiving?) and The Wizard of Oz were both shown in HD and OAR. I remember flipping over to another one, but I can't remember the title.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Recently they showed "O" as well as Sugar and Spice, and last year they showed the first installment of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I believe the second installment is scheduled to be shown sometime this fall.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Did this list as HD in titantv for anyone? This, "O" and "Sugar and Spice" I think weren't listed as HD for me in L.A. I didn't think about recording this since no HD and all of a sudden it's HD but I've already missed more than half. I'm one of those that will watch some stuff just because it's HD and I missed this one! ARGH! Is there any other guide website that's better than titantv? I don't think I remember any. It they could just get things right.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
They've shown some in HD, but, I think the west coast has missed out on occasion. The WB's own site does note HD, but, at the time of LOTRs the local station had such low bandwidth it was just a mass of macro-blocks.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
This is one movie I'm waiting for to come out on a HD-DVD disc (it will be on the Toshiba format as you guys know already). It will be in DTS also.

When I saw the commercial/promo for FD I couldn't believe it. :eek: I asked myself if it was going to be in HD [I'm in the LA market]. To bad I can't pull in WB HD OTA for the life or me. And too bad D* doesn't offer it yet.

Thanks - Matthew

·
Registered
861 Posts
Final Destination 2 is on tonight but not listed in HD, I wonder if it will be. I would have watched the first one if I had known it was in HD.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
WOW this movie is stunning on WBHD. I am impressed with the picture of this movie in HD on the WB. Its possible one of the nicest if not the nicest picture of a network HD broadcast. Also is this movie in OAR? One more note is on CBS HD Along came a spider is being shown in OAR which I was very surprised to see. Has CBSHD ever shown a movie OAR? Also don't forget Monday at 8:00PM on cinemax-HD Titanic will be in true HDTV. Hopefully OAR but I doubt it but we can all hope I know I am. J.H. PS I forgot to mention I ordered this movie a while back on pay perview HD and I thought it looked really bad so the WBHD must be doing something right!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great!

Now they're showing Final Destination 2. (Sept. 04)

5.1 Surround. Looking good out of Comcast in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Comcast just added the WB here in HD (WNUV) on Aug. 31. The movie looked fantastic, as did Along Came a Spider on CBS.

Interesting that the WB has HD reruns on Sundays from 5 to 7 (although my local station shows the first hour in SD at 10).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.