AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps the biggest remake request for any game ever made, FFVII is often rumored to be in development. Many people still play through and discuss this old PSOne game today. The remake rumor was fueled even more with the early PS3 FFVII tech demo shown at E3 in 2005.

On August 2-3, Square Enix will have a special conference to discuss its future games and upcoming FFVII Advent Children Blu-ray movie transfer. 1up interviewed producers from SE, and in it they mentioned this:

Quote:
1UP: Last week, Final Fantasy Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura said that he's hard at work adding new scenes to the FFVII: Advent Children Complete Blu-ray release. Can you give us any update on that project?

SH: You can look forward to the upcoming invite-only fan event DKS3713 [taking place in Tokyo on August 2 and 3], where we'll have a major announcement that will shock the fans in attendance.

Many people are thinking that this will be an announcement of a remake, but like anything else we won't know until it's official.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You excited me too much just now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
just started playing it again yesterday, but due to some shoulder surgery this morning, i don't think i'll be able to play again for at least a few weeks :|

but i would pay like $100 for a ff7 remake, i want SE to annouce it and make this dream a reality so badly!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was hoping for this announcement at E3 to counter the loss of exclusivity of FFXIII. At the very least, they could release the original as a PSN download.

They've always seemed so eager to cash in on this particular installment with movies, spin-offs, etc. It's always baffled me as to why they aren't just as eager to cash in on it via a remake or a re-release of the original. I haven't done much research on it, so perhaps they have good reasons.

At any rate, I bet we all end up disappointed come August 2nd.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's not my favorite in the series by a long shot, and we've been hearing these rumblings for the past 3 years now...but I'd love to see this finally come to pass, though I'm with danforth--all these "big, shocking" announcements usually wind up being grossly disappointing.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah, like

"No English version FFXIII for the PS3"

Certainly that would be shocking.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
It'll be a FFVII remake....for the PS2.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It might be shined up to be a PSN download and UMD disc for the PSP. That's my guess.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
ONCE THIS COMES OUT i PLAN TO SELL MY 360 AND THROW IT AWAY FOR THISE GAME I REMEMBER AS A KID PLAYED THIS GAME FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT WITH 4 HOURS OF SLEEP EACH NIGHT AND BEAT IT, BUT ONLY ABOUT 80% BEAT GREAT GAME A CONSOLE SELLER...

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Actually, given the way Square has been going lately, it'll probably just be the original as a PSN download for PS3 and PSP.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocktheglide /forum/post/14312866

ONCE THIS COMES OUT i PLAN TO SELL MY 360 AND THROW IT AWAY FOR THISE GAME I REMEMBER AS A KID PLAYED THIS GAME FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT WITH 4 HOURS OF SLEEP EACH NIGHT AND BEAT IT, BUT ONLY ABOUT 80% BEAT GREAT GAME A CONSOLE SELLER...

As a kid??? This game isn't even 10 years old......

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/14312869

Actually, given the way Square has been going lately, it'll probably just be the original as a PSN download for PS3 and PSP.

More likely a release on Xbox Live only.....

There's your shock & awe.

·
Registered
484 Posts
There probably just going to announce FFVS XIII for the 360

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 /forum/post/14313095

It's actually 11

I remember playing it when I was 16...and I'd consider myself a kid then

·
Registered
332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 /forum/post/14313095

This game is over 10 years old. In July of 1998, I was doing contract work in Minneapolis, spending every night in a hotel room. I bought FF7 for the PC to while away the time. And the PC release came later than the PS1 release.

Best Game Ever.

But I really doubt there will such an announcement. I mean, seriously. If its legit, why not announce it at e3? However, conspiracy theorists might argue SE received compensation to delay such an announcement.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why compete for E3 news in America when they have their own company's conference to announce it in Japan?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
There have been rumors of a FFVII remake since the days when PS2 was a brand new system. At this point I can see it being done for PSN download (which would certainly be well received), but I do not think a PS3 disk based version is coming.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray /forum/post/14313590

This game is over 10 years old. In July of 1998, I was doing contract work in Minneapolis, spending every night in a hotel room. I bought FF7 for the PC to while away the time. And the PC release came later than the PS1 release.

Best Game Ever.

But I really doubt there will such an announcement. I mean, seriously. If its legit, why not announce it at e3? However, conspiracy theorists might argue SE received compensation to delay such an announcement.

That's right. I didnt get it till the PC release because I was a SEGA gamer and didnt own a Sony console. Forgot about that 2 year head start the PS got with it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts