Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kwiqsilver
How does it compare to typical mmorpgs?

And how does it compare to other FF games? I can't imagine it having the cool cinematic (but very linear) story line of the PS & PS2 FF games.
It's very much a traditional MMORPG. There are some console-like touches, especially with the character development, and the small party emphasis is very strong, but overall it's straightforward stuff.

As far as other Final Fantasies, I have a lot to say on that but I'll keep it brief :p

-Production quality is very, very high. It's far more polished than anything else in the genre, so in this way it's much like prior FF's.

-The NPCs aren't terribly well developed in general, but a few are. Quests vary, some are involved, others are merely "run this item to so-and-so", "bring me this monster drop".

-The game worlds are great. Together they're probably bigger than all of the 3d Final Fantasies combined, and extremely well-designed.

-The translation is top-notch. From what I can see this is the largest game translation EVER.

There is a storyline told with cinematics. It's a lot like Legend of Mana in that there are 3 different branches on the main storyline, depending on what kingdom you start in. Unlike LoM, they all come together later in the game to form a single thread.

This story is told through the missions you go on for your homeland. Missions are different from quests in ways that I can explain if you like. In addition to the story as told through missions, quests tell a story and several quests might be necessary to resolve certain subplots.

Also, the expansion has its own story.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I play on the Siren server. Look me up, Varkas or Nyx.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im on the ifrit server. If any one is playing on that server my character is jyunda.

By the way i am relly enjoying this game more than others of this genre.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.