AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, thanks for all the wealth of information on this site in assisting with our build out, especially nickbuol for the movie poster Photoshop image editing.

Our room is an attic space that the builder had insulated, sheet-rocked, and trimmed out. My husband and his friend (who is in the industry) pre-wired for speakers during house construction. To build out the room, my huband built a soffit, riser, and ran wires for lighting and electronics. I made the movie posters using the DIY accoustical panel thread here on this site. I ordered from Spoonflower, used premade canvas stretch bars, and soundboard ordered online.

The room is approximately 14.5' x 10.5'. Four Palliser Revere chairs in Black Leather sit on riser (in front will have bean bags for kids and we will decide at later date to add more chairs...we have installed outlet in floor in front of riser in case we do). A recessed track is installed in the soffit along the exterior wall and we hung custom velvet drapes that span the entire wall to hide two windows and a french door.

Upper Walls will be Benjamin Moore Cottage Red. Soffit, ceiling, lower walls BM Wrought Iron, front wall hopefully Behr Mouse Ears. Carpet is Kane New Leopard in Wild Root (so happy I was able to pull leopard carpet off! Looks fantastic) Entertainment center is Ikea's new Besta TV unit with 2 glossy black drawers and a smoked glass door combo. My husband painted the surround of the unit Mouse Ears.

Our projector is JVC that my husband bought scratch and dent online - not sure of model, but it is 4K. Picture is amazing. Screen is 92". We have Denon receiver, Sony 4K compatible Blu Ray, and Harmony remote HUB.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

To OP.....................

I've helped you by posting your pics.....................

You can go back to your original post and click on each attachment and do the following:

click on each attachment and copy image location then :
hit small icon with mountain and moon which is insert image icon and paste url from copy image location, click ok.................repeat four times for each picture..........make sure you are posting below your text. When you have accomplished task, I will edit this post.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Looks really nice.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very well done.. love'n the carpet ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts