AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I posted a day or so ago and got some great responses so I have narrowed it down to these three and can't decide what to order. FYI, I currently have the Energy Take 5's pared with a BIC F12. I would like fuller sound coming from the front - I assume any of these will be an amazing transformation with mids and bass. Here are my selections:

1. (3) NHT SuperOne 2.1 - $375
(using a SuperOne as center instead of the SuperCenter 2.1 - thoughts on this?)

2. (2) HTD Level TWO Bookshelf Speakers, (1) Level TWO Center Speaker - $358

3. (3) Wave Crest HVL-1's - $295
(using a HVL-1 as a center channel here also)

I know this question has come up before (I'm pretty sure I have looked at every forum relating to these brands) but it seems to be a different answer every time. I also know it comes down to preference, but unfortunately I have never heard any of these brands so I am relying on you experts to help me. Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
19,827 Posts
Now you know if I choose one - someone else will choose another!
It is rare for all to agree.

On a side note - NHT and HTD (except towers for first time buyers) has
free return shipping.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the NHT and HTD similar in sound? I would like a little more oomph coming from my fronts.. will the NHT still provide this even though they are closed and not ported?

·
Registered
19,827 Posts
Are the NHT and HTD similar in sound? I would like a little more oomph coming from my fronts.. will the NHT still provide this even though they are closed and not ported?
The NHT would be my preference - and they will have much better bass
than the Energy Take speakers - good sealed speakers are not wimpy.

Your call

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
It's good to see that you've narrowed your choices down. I wouldn't worry much about which speaker "might" be best. Just order a pair from whoever you prefer and use that time to audition them in your home. You should know within 2 or 3 weeks if the speakers you've chosen are right for you. If not, return them and order the next pair on your list. It doesn't get any more simple than that :).

Reactions: cschang
1 - 7 of 7 Posts