AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to post up a lil review for these Energy Rc10s. First of all I would like to thank you guys for choosing some awesome speakers. I noticed that at 80hz crossover was very safe for HT but 50hz for music. The highs are smooth and mids super clear. Bass is okay IMO for bookshelves but a sub in the future will do just fine. One thing I noticed was how much air comes from the rear port, you guys were not kidding when you said don't put it too close to the wall.

Quality :10

design :10

weight: 8

performance:9

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang323 /forum/post/18147328

I have my av thinking it has a sub, i like to have it loud so I'm okay for now not having bass. Svs 10inch or 12 inch soon!

Run them full range until your sub gets there. Congrats on the new speakers, big step up from those Sony's!

Ron

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Nice speakers, but ... weight?

Also, IMO it's not a given that you want to send the low frequencies to the speaker (by setting to large) when you're not running a sub. Depends on the receiver and the speaker. Probably fine here, but what really is the point of sending this speaker stuff way below 50hz, when it can't reproduce it well? Warm up the room? Drain off excess amp power?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_ /forum/post/18147435

Nice speakers, but ... weight?

Also, IMO it's not a given that you want to send the low frequencies to the speaker (by setting to large) when you're not running a sub. Depends on the receiver and the speaker. Probably fine here, but what really is the point of sending this speaker stuff way below 50hz, when it can't reproduce it well? Warm up the room? Drain off excess amp power?

Large, small, whatever, 80hz is too high. If the receiver can xo at 50 that would be essentially the same thing as running running large.

Ron

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldoCombs /forum/post/18147622

Large, small, whatever, 80hz is too high. If the receiver can xo at 50 that would be essentially the same thing as running running large.

For the speaker or for the amp? And again, depends on the speaker and amp.

Like a lot of this stuff, listen both ways for a while, set it the way you prefer. Then try it again later and see if you still like it that way ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.