AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi Folks, 

After many months of research I have finally decided to purchase the Canon R52. 

I have found a BNIB being sold by someone in my local area for $350. 

Prior to this I had considered everything from G30, G20, Pan 920, 720 and PJ HDR 650 and a bunch of other models. 

I think the R52 at this price provides enough value that it might make it hard to pass up. 

Is there anything I should be aware of before I make the purchase ?

It will primarily be used to shoot soccer and vacations.

Also if I do end up with the camera what make\ model of battery would you guys buy for extra juice ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus  /t/1520101/finally-decided-on-canon-r52#post_24416595

Is it Canon LEGRIA HF M52 ,here it says there is no advanced zoom http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Camcorders/High_Definition_HD/LEGRIA_HF_M52/#p-specification3

But here http://www.photographyblog.com/news/canon_vixia_hf_r52_vixia_hf_r50_and_vixia_hf_r500/ it says it has.
I am not sure about UK models vs. North American. 

The one I am picking up today is HF R52. 

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
R52 has been sold ...just was not happy with it and missed the ability to shoot stills and also get good video.

Back to the drawing board again.

I am now looking at specifically bridge cameras with video capability.

How do you guys feel about the following:

Fuji S1
Canon sx50
Panny fz200
Panny fz1000 (probably overkill)

Is there anything else i should consider and from the list above what would make your final cut and why ?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sony RX10 and FZ1000 are probably leaders of the pack right now, if we are talking bridge cameras.
Its hard saying which of those two that is better, they both have strengths and weaknesses, I would visit a store and just go with the one that I liked handeling the most.
The RX10 have been out for a while so you might find a cheap used one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sony RX10 and FZ1000 are probably leaders of the pack right now, if we are talking bridge cameras.
Its hard saying which of those two that is better, they both have strengths and weaknesses, I would visit a store and just go with the one that I liked handeling the most.
The RX10 have been out for a while so you might find a cheap used one.
The RX10 would be amazing but 24-200 is just not enough reach especially if filming sports.
Is the fz200 still king in the super zoom video recording segment ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts