AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find this TV? I finally decided on getting this TV, but mainly I see it online. What's a good price to pay for this? Hitachi no doubt has the best viewing angle out of all the RPTVs. I used to work at CC (too bad I don't now, would have had some nice discounts) and Hitachi beat all the other RPTVs hands down. I'm a big Sony fan, but Sony's only good for tube TVs. Also, I found that online they are selling this for $2799.99, would local dealers haggle with this price?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have Video Only down there? I just bought my 57TWX for $2580(list $2699) plus $119 3 yr warranty. Total with tax out the door was $2927. I had no problem getting the small discount I got and I'm sure they would go down a bit further with a little persistance.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Are you sure you don't mean the 51TWX? List on the 57SWX is $2999 and the TWX is the next model line up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Positive. There is no mistaking the faux marble panels :) I've never seen a 51TWX... I don't think they even make one. Video Only list prices are way below CC and Sears on all models. 57SWX lists for 2499 at Video Only while it goes for 2699 at CC(I think???). I don't know what Sears prices are. 51 inch models list for 1999 51GWX and 2199 51SWX at Video Only. They are the only place I would buy a TV around here.

Unfortunately for you guys they aren't a nationwide chain and pricing often differs from one part of the country to another anyways. Oregon might be the best place to buy a TV if their prices are the same as Washington (No Sales Tax there) I actually thought about driving down to Portland to visit some family and pick up a nice cheap TV as well. Oh well, I think my price beats the majority anyways.

Craig

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
List price means the MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price) and is not something left to the discretion of the dealer. The *list* price for Hitachi's RPTVs is the same everywhere in the US as far as I know. In fact if this chain is selling these sets for such a low price, I'm surprised that they DON'T post the MSRP, because it would look like an even better deal to the customer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK.. didn't know they were the same exact thing.

Their base price is $2699 for 57TWX, $2499 57SWX, $2199 51SWX, and $1999 51GWX at video Only.

Better?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.