AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at long last I broke the "what if something better comes out" fear and bought a GWIII 50" and yes its one from the new batch, Jan build... Its being deliver on Friday just in time for the big game Sunday... Can wait... So excited :)

great price too, MSRP with a free stand (SU-GW1), sales tax and delivery included ... AS I said can't wait for it to get here...

I want to thank everyone on this board for all the expert advice... Will write and when it gets here for an update.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
where'd ya buy it from? -.- and pls don't dissappear, come back after 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, etc and let us know how it's doing.. with or without the dreaded sony qa problems

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can't say witch store, its against the rules, but its one of the commonly talk about ones on this list, I guess that narrows it down to about 5 b&m stores

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
After a long protracted investigation I finally pulled the trigger on a 50" GWIII. It gets delivered tomorrow, Comcast HD gets installed the next day...HELLO SUPERBOWL!

I've read about the quality control issues...I know what to look for. I bought the extended 4 year warranty which includes the bulbs, even calibrations (about $100 per year). A local brick and mortar store here in texas C*nn's. I don't think I got the world's BEST price (was told they lowered the price to COST, which I don't really believe, but it was about 10%below MSRP.

I'll keep you posted...really looking foward to tomorrow! The posts in this forum really helped me know what to look for, both positive and negative.

·
Registered
20 Posts
PM'd ya! I've been trying to get my hands on one of these for a while now, and, needless to say, I haven't had much luck. Lemme know please!!! Either one of you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats! I went today to pull the trigger also but I ran out of time, so wasn't able to finish negotiations. But I'm going on Fri again and officially getting on the list. :cool:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iteki 10% off is not bad by any means but they do have a lot more in it than that... let us know your initial thoughts, mine comes Friday....

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered mine 2 weekends ago. Today i called to check on the status since they told me 3 weeks from purchase date and plus im gettin antsy. They told me they are getting over 300 in the wharehouse on Thursday the 29th and that im #200 on the list. Doubt ill have it by game time. Dont wanna get hopes up. Ill be happy to get it soon and i hope they know what theyre talkin about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.