AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many months of hard work, joy and frustration, I finally consider myself done with my dedicated home theater. Im sure I'll keep tweaking, improving and upgrading, but at least I can enjoy watching a movie or two :)

Thanks to so many people that post ideas and tips to this forum and to AV Science for the powerbuys I got in on.

To contribute, I've documented my own adventures here:
http://www.flippedbit.net/theater/theater.htm

now, off to the movies.........

(ps: if there are any problems with the webserver let me know)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Ron,

that's awesome,off to work,but I'm sure I'll have some questions later,

also-thanks for the detail on the construction page.big help to a lot of people.

ts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Enjoy!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody.

Quote:
Originally posted by topaz
Ron,

I keep getting * Access Denied when trying to get to the construction link.
All the links off that page run to my home server which runs on port 81 (as opposed to the standard port 80). If you're accessing through a firewall that port might be blocked. Netscape has problems sometime also. Sorry, its the only way I can share so much content.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ron,

Very fine looking room. What an accomplishment!!! It has got a unique style to it as well. I especially like the ceiling and the lighted steps.

Great work!! :) :)

Dan

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
VERY NICE!!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've seen better!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..That is an AWESOME theater!! I feel so feeble in this forum!!!.......Did you design the theater or is that a D.Eskerine theater?

So when are we all coming over to play? I'll bring the beer! :)

Mike

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great Job!

This is one of the few rooms that really has caught my eye with a WOW! factor. I really like the ceiling. I'm envious!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Congrats on a great HT, Ron. That is a great looking room. You should enjoy that room for years to come.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael7272
I've seen better!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..That is an AWESOME theater!! I feel so feeble in this forum!!!.......Did you design the theater or is that a D.Eskerine theater?

Mike
Thanks again. Although I didn't hire Dennis, his designs that others have shared certainly had an influence. I would've never thought of adding the proscenium at the front or hiding HVAC in the columns if he didnt share with us. Big thanks to Dennis for hanging around here. The work he does and the ideas he shares are fantastic. Im sure hiring him would've made building this much easier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.