1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
I'll take two. And a .1 gain gray screen.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WanMan
Does a 0.1 gain screen re-direct the light striking the screen onto the rooms walla and not the viewer? Also, what is a center lumen?
No. It would just absorb the light. It would be a very dark gray screen (with awesome ANSI contrast).

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
18000 lumens???

holy crap! you can light up a real movie theater with that much lumens.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
center lumen would probably the figure that they got when measuring in the center of the screen.

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
You, Joe, a gray screen? Even with 18000 lumens I figured you'd go for a high-power---and suntan lotion!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Now ain't that about 4 times brighter(as perceived by the eye) than a calibrated InFocus 7200?(900 Lumens)......now you'd need 20 IF 7200's...........to achieve the same brightness.....all those globes...oh it's just too hard.....how about one IF projector and colour (32bit no less) night vision goggles!?...would that be a close match?!!

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tryg,

CR of 1200:1 ? With 18000 lumens the blacks will be brighter than the whites on some projectors I know !

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
How much?

Around $5k? ......................................................FOR THE BULB(S)!!!

:D

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Shawn O
Power consumption = 4000w :eek: .
That's nothing.

My advantium oven (cooks with light) has 2 5kW halogen bulbs for baking and broiling...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrikos
How much?

Around $5k? ......................................................FOR THE BULB(S)!!!

:D
Well a quick look at my GSA catalog sez the Gumit price of the bulb is $6,000.00 figure twice that at your local Best Buy. :eek:

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Mike is that our sun, or are they included a small piece of another star with the projector? What's the "fusion life?" :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.