Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HA --

Made you look! Just thought I'd share one more Cygnus induced disappointment with you all.

That's right. It's time to call a spade a spade. How long will it take before we all realize that this clown Shawn doesn't have the where-with-all to actually bring a product to market.

First it's delays, re-designs, vendor problems, delays, fixes, changes, improvements, enhancements, more delays, more fixes, more vendor problems, etc., ad infinitum. Obviously he's never heard of the expression, "design freeze".

Now, after waiting A YEAR, (and more "two weeks" promises than in the movie Money Pit w/Shelly Long) he's finally announced that his design doesn't even perform as advertised. In the begining, this was promoted as a 16:9 product -- not the 16:9.4 it turned out to be.

And what if we want a real 16:9 product? We have yet MORE delays to MAYBE get a product designed by someone else (OEM version).

I'd ask for my money back (plus the $50 in interest I've lost) except that I'd do better selling it off to someone not as "fortunate" as I to get into the original prebuy. Then I can take my profits and apply it towards the 2:35 (or 2.31, or 2.45, etc.) lens that will also never ship!

Any offers on my "panamorph futures".

WE'RE ALL SUCKERS!!!!

Ken

------------------

I Work For Walt Disney, So I Must Be Good.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
HA HA. Life is so tough.

You could always have brought an ISCO throughout your miserable experience.

Shawn has always offered a refund so whats been stopping you from pulling out ??

Maybe I am blind or silly but the P751 can do 1:66-1:85 compression.

I second Roberts offer and up it fifty.

DavidW

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice first post to the forum, Ken... NOT.

"I'd ask for my money back..."

Does that mean you're not on the waiting list? Are you trying to tell us what to do? Whatever.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I think that other Ken (Lennon) is trying to sucker someone into selling cheap now that Shawn is shipping.

------------------

Ken Elliott

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 06-25-2001).]

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Ken L,

If you bought during the pre-order last year why has

it taken you so long to get registered with AVS?

You registered this month and this is your first post.

What gives?

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm having a hard time holding back here. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/mad.gif

Ken, we all have joked around a bit with the long overdue Panamorph, but to call the man a clown and a spade??

As I live in a region nearby to you, I'll concede to the fact that this time of the year is tough for all of us, and that maybe you've spent a little too much time outside; maybe testing new mouse ears in the monsoons. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

Chris

BTW, welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You've all missed the point!

The point is...

This is a very poor example of bringing a product to market.

I've been watching the developments since the beginning (and could finally hold back my reply no longer) and have seen everyone say, "Yeah Shawn, good job..." in response to one debacle after another. What a joke! This is a business transaction. Time to start applying some pressure as you would to any non performing vendor. Unless, of course, you would rather just wait two weeks for the next "progress" (delay) report.

C'mon everyone! The Emperor has no clothes. Cygnus is not delivering on what was promised. This is bordering on a Bait & Switch scam.

That's the point.

-Ken

------------------

I Work For Walt Disney, So I Must Be Good.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I still don't see how your sniping from the sidelines is adding any value. There's been no such griping from those on the wait list, as you've attested, only from an outsider like yourself, now running around calling people names. You're free to do so, but this really isn't the place for it, and it certainly isn't a good way to make friends around here.

If you read closely, there are at least two production lenses out there right now. Big whoop, you might say. Again, whatever.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm not sure why I'm dignifying this trolls thread with a post but...

1. Since you are "new" around here and clearly have some sort of reading disorder perhaps you missed that this product was brought to market through the willing participants of this forum who put up their hard earned cash, and knowingly took some risk, to own an anamorphic lens.

2. There were countless threads in the design phase where Shawn accepted feature requests via this forum and in time he publicly announced he would freeze the design and move forward with the build.

3. I'm sure had he to do over again he may not have entered into such a risky venture at all. Shawn assumed quite a lot of risk as well, as evidenced by the problems he had with manufacturing subcontractors. This was an extremely short run gig that eventually drove Shawn to bring manufacturing in house since he was unable to control the quality process to his liking or get any leverage with them given the small size of the run.

4. Shawn has had a calculator on his site that made it quite clear that the optimal position for the projector was tilted - I'm not sure where you think that there is any "bait and switch" going on.

5. I just received my lens on Saturday and can tell you that folks wanting an anamorphic lens will not be disappointed. So it seems the only intelligent and truething you had to say was in the title of this thread, "Finally! First Panamorph's Ship..."

...which, by the way, is now closed. Go troll the usenet groups. Ba bye.

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.