AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get 960i working for a while now and finally got it last night. I have a Radeon 7200 64DDR VIVO that I picked up off of EBay. I'm using a Key Digital VTCA2 transcoder to a Sony KP61HS30. I mainly want this resolution (960ix1920 looks best) for DVD playback of full screen 4x3 sources - some commercial DVDs and some home video transferred to DVD. For 16x9, I think I still prefer 480p (480px1920 looks best).

Anyway, the result is fantastic! But, I have some questions. I use PowerDVD XP 4.0 right now. From searches on this forum and the ATI support site it looks like hardware acceleration connot be used with this combination. Does anyone know of a workaround? Is it even necessary? So far, from limited viewing I did last night, there appears to be no ill effects from not using hardware acceleration. I didn't notice any jitter, and the picture was glitch-free. Do any of the other software DVD players successfully utilize hardware acceleration on the 7200 64DDR VIVO, while providing a top quality picture, no jitter, and no chroma bug?

Comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S.

Forgot to mention...

Radeon Driver: 7093

Sound Card: Audigy MP3+

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.