AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All those ES machines laying around waiting to be sold with no cash left to spend and sure enough a good local deal comes along for a 6pgplus.

I look left, I look right, I can't afford it but I dove in...

I'm broke, it's taken a long time, I can't afford to eat, but hot damn I'm happy.

(well, I had to tell someone... no one I know in real life gives a rip.)

Happy happy joy joy joy

Troy

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW EM PROJECTOR

:) :) :) :)

BUT WERE YOU NOT EVEN TEMPTED

TO KEEP EVEN ONE OF THE BIG

NINE INCH GUNNED AMPRO 4000

PROJECTORS

YOU ALMOST GAVE AWAY

XANATOS

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha,

Yes, but with the limitations of apartments there was just no way in hell I could realistically keep a 9" monster so the choice was made for me.

The pg isn't that much bigger than all the ampro 2600's, ECP's, and 1031q I have now, but it's a whole lot smaller than any 9".

I sure would have preferred the 9" for the much longer tube life. Then there's liquid coupling, and it really did throw a nice pic.

Lets see if I feel the same way after I get the pg in place. I want to be wowed enough by sharpness to overlook not having liquid coupling.

I know, it probably won't happen. I'll be looking for that bargain xg within a month I just know it...

Too bad crt pj's couldn't have experienced the same leaps in technology that the computer industry has. I want 1" guns with the resolution, light output, and lifespan of a 9"er.

Troy

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I have 5 Barco's in my living room right now, including a 808G, and I

live in an apartment:)

Congrats on EM focus!!!!

Nicholas

·
Registered
437 Posts
Troy,

Quote:
Originally posted by pcCinema
I want 1" guns with the resolution, light output, and lifespan of a 9"er.
Time to wake up and face reality! There's no money in it for the manufacturers! Only bulbs with new technologies (maybe Sony's) are gonna give us that quality and brightness, and lifespan's are never gonna be 10000 hours. (and besides replacement bulbs are the blades for those razors!)

Anyway, enjoy your NEC 6PG+. That should hold you until our collective fanstasies become reality.

Regards,

Ira

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I KNOW I WAS TEMPTED BY YOUR AMPRO PROJECTORS

AS A BACK UP FOR MY SONY 1292

BUT NO BACK UP TOYS TILL I START MAKING

MONEY AGAIN INSTEAD OF CHASING IT:(

ITS AMAZING WE CRT NUTS CAN BUY 20,000$$$

AND 30,000$$$$ PROJECTORS IN MINT AND ALMOST

MENT SHAPE FOR 5,000$$ AND UNDER

WE TRULY LIVE IN A GOLDEN TIME

XANATOS

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I think Nich has an understanding partner who (I believe) wanted them to get a 12" CRT projector at one point. :)

He's gotta be one of the luckiest around here. Its tough to find a woman who even tolerates this hobby, let alone actively supports it!

Congrats on your latest purchase Troy.

Perhaps we should start up a "food pantry" for members that have spent all their cash for the next few months on CRT projectors or parts. I remember having the same problem for a few weeks months back when I aquired my BD808.

·
Registered
16,936 Posts
hey Troy WinCo foods has a case of top-ramen noodles for about 2 bucks ;) .

Good Choice on the 6PG+ [ wish I had EM focus :( ] .

--- Jason Berg

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Troy,

As you've seen, the PG is longer and a bit wider than the ECP but it's about four inches shorter than the ECP which makes it nice for ceiling mounting. I know you've been messing around with ECP's as I had. I can tell you that you will be blown away when you get it dialed in correctly. I've had my 9 PG Plus for a year and a half now. I bought it with worn tubes that are getting replaced now and will be getting a full ground up setup and calibration from forum member KevD on Saturday. My NEC projector looks better with 10,000 hr tubes than my backup ECP looks like with new tubes. I'm looking forward to watching the new Harry Potter movie On Saturday night. Just think of it, three brand spankie new (not rebuilt) tubes, a pro setup and ISF'd. I'm getting wood just thinking about it. I'll report back Saturday night on how it came out, If I can rip myself away long enough to do it.

Chip S.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
My wife finally put her foot down and said no more pj's. I have sold 6 of the eight CRT's I had and still have an LCD. Also bought another Sony CRT this afternoon. At least I have freed up a few hiding places! We are a sick bunch are'nt we?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No doubt, a sickness that spreads like SARS...

Two 2600's and a vididkron ecp in the kitchen, the nec in the dining room, 1031q in the entry way, 4501 in the bedroom, 3101 and a couple dead emty carcasses in the garage, a runco 900 on the way, various mounts here and there, remotes and cables spread around like it's supposed to be all over the place, switcher and extrons here and there, and still can't stop watching for more. :)

Oh well, first step is to admit the problem. So then what?

Troy

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
If the NEC came with the manual you might be able to boil it in some water and eat it. Just download the electronic copy of the manual. ;) Also, remember to remove the staples. :D

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, I can eat, I sold some stuff on ebay.

I sure am glad I didn't have to eat a manual... Too much fiber I would think.

Troy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.