AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a copy of Crank today at a Target I was at. All I can saw is OMG!! This is IT, the best of the best for PQ. Without a doubt the best in either format in terms of PQ. This even surpasses King Kong, Hulk and Transporter 2. Not to mention it is a much better movie overall IMO.

I am still speechless. Now This Is What HD Is All About!! I watched this on a 110" High Power Screen using the Sony VW-50. I saw no Artifacting, Macroblocking, Noise, etc. Just a perfect perfect transfer.

I now see why this has been sold out everywhere. You guys gotta check this one out!!

~Josh

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
There's already a CRANK thread,post there.

·
Registered
417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboy77 /forum/post/0

I finally found a copy of Crank today at a Target I was at. All I can saw is OMG!! This is IT, the best of the best for PQ. Without a doubt the best in either format in terms of PQ. This even surpasses King Kong, Hulk and Transporter 2. Not to mention it is a much better movie overall IMO.

I am still speechless. Now This Is What HD Is All About!! I watched this on a 110" High Power Screen using the Sony VW-50. I saw no Artifacting, Macroblocking, Noise, etc. Just a perfect perfect transfer.

I now see why this has been sold out everywhere. You guys gotta check this one out!!

~Josh

yeah, you sound like you just busted something!! lol!

I do agree it has wonderful p/q

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys, its just that I have now watched over 100 Blu-ray/HD-DVD discs over the last 9 months or so in search of a perfect presentation and I have come close several times, but today it finally happened with "Crank."

Sorry if I sound like a 12 year-old, it is just very rewarding to me to have finally found what I was looking for.

~Josh

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-05 /forum/post/0

It is a great transfer but I wouldn't act like a 12yr old over it....unless your infact....12yrs old. Now that would explain a lot.

omg give it a rest - if you cant contribute with anything then keep your trap shut - whats wrong with expressing joy abot a good movie jeeeeeez

·
Registered
394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkomaniac /forum/post/0

omg give it a rest - if you cant contribute with anything then keep your trap shut - whats wrong with expressing joy abot a good movie jeeeeeez

I think theres an unwritten rule on AVS that you can go ga-ga over an HDDVD but not a blu-ray.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

Quote:

Sorry guys, its just that I have now watched over 100 Blu-ray/HD-DVD discs over the last 9 months or so in search of a perfect presentation and I have come close several times, but today it finally happened with "Crank."

Sorry if I sound like a 12 year-old, it is just very rewarding to me to have finally found what I was looking for.

~Josh

Absolutely no need to appologize!! thanks for the info; I'll be sure to check this one out now (when I finally get a player!).

·
Registered
78 Posts
The transfer is stunning. Too bad the movie sucks. I tried my best to like it. But the story is beyond bad.

I highly recommend this for a rental. You will be stunned by the quality of the transfer. But once you watch it once, I doubt you will ever want to watch it again...

·
Registered
417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLopatin /forum/post/0

The transfer is stunning. Too bad the movie sucks. I tried my best to like it. But the story is beyond bad.

I highly recommend this for a rental. You will be stunned by the quality of the transfer. But once you watch it once, I doubt you will ever want to watch it again...

I watched it at the movies and twice this past wknd-i guess my taste in films suck

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have seen Crank three times now, the movie was funny when I watched it the first time, the second time I have watched it with my friends and I even had a better time. WATCH WITH A CROWD. Crank is the best I have seen PQ wise and it is a great and enjoyable movie to watch with your buddies.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

Quote:

Sorry, this is a no joy zone. No expressing delight for movies and HD allowed.

Argh, I have to wait for my order from Amazon.com.

(grumble, grumble)

·
Registered
630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes /forum/post/0

I think theres an unwritten rule on AVS that you can go ga-ga over an HDDVD but not a blu-ray.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts

Quote:

~Josh

It's all good Josh. I like the passion you got here. Bring the fire man. Movies like Crank (I'm a Steatham fan) are going to make it hard for me to hold out. As long as great movies are coming i'm happy.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assayer /forum/post/0

It definately great show-off material, but it's repeat viewing value is a little open to debate.

I agree with you. Really good demo stuff but not re-watchable for me. Its a great Jason Stathom "B" movie....which he only seems to be able to do. He is a much better actor than the material he takes on.

Got admit though....love the scene where Chev says, "What do I have C_nt written on my forehead?"

I say Crank and Hulk are even though. I didn't see anything in Crank that blew away Hulk.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts

Quote:

~Josh

It just wouldn't be one of your posts if you didn't claim that every next big Blu-Ray release was the best of either format. Imagine that.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.